"Aim" Item Ability auto-disables

zroc

Guys,

Trying to figure something out here. I'm sure it's related to presets which at the current moment are using the stock presets, etc... But my character has the "Aim" Item Ability enabled by default and on spawn, the Item Ability is auto-disabled therefore no Aim can take place for melee weapons and shields. For my current little project I'm not using any shooter weapons, just melee and have created over 30+ items (swords, long swords, knives, shields, etc...) every one of them has the same effect due to the AIM Item Ability getting disabled on char spawn. In case you would ask/wonder, I've created all these new items based on existing UCC Melee Weapons, so every melee weapon at the moment has the same exact scripts, properties as the stock ucc melee weapons, just different mesh and rendering objects. So therefore, none of the states have changed, etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks much!

Normally states would be my go-to suggestion to check here... is this a fresh project without anything else changed? Also have you disabled "Activate In First Person" on the Aim ability maybe? There isn't anything in code that would cause this to happen, so it's definitely being manually disabled somewhere in your project, and the most likely cause of that would be a state preset...

Normally states would be my go-to suggestion to check here... is this a fresh project without anything else changed? Also have you disabled "Activate In First Person" on the Aim ability maybe? There isn't anything in code that would cause this to happen, so it's definitely being manually disabled somewhere in your project, and the most likely cause of that would be a state preset...

Agreed! There is a "ThirdPerson" State on the Aim Ability that is set to 'DisableAimPreset' which has the "Enabled" property unchecked. By setting this to checked rather than unchecked, all works as expected, but...... Trying to pinpoint the initial driver behind this as it's not right and driving me crazy. BTW. 'Activate In First Person' is not check. Actually will be removing 1P so no settings for that are configured. Def something in a preset other than this tied to 'ThirdPerson' just not making a lot of sense as I stated above, all my new items are derived from pre-existing ucc items and stock presets as well as the character and all presets other than swimming which I have majorly modified for enhancements.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Edit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Just went through every state on the character, for all scripts, methods and properties and for all abilities and item abilities as well as the character overall in addition to the camera. Nothing state wise is telling the state system to disable the "Aim" item ability other than the "ThirdPerson" state in the actual "Aim" item ability ('DisableAimPreset' - which I've set enabled for now). So the question would be in the new state system is there something possibly disabling? Can not tell you as don't have all the code for the new state system. Perhaps you guys can confirm?

Also want to add and maybe somehow somewhere this is causing the issue, doubt it, but never know... I don't have any pre-configured items on the character pre-spawn. All items are configured as pun pickup items and initialized onto the character at spawn.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Edit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Any other suggestions? I will keep digging..

Thanks for response!

Last edited:
I'm not sure where that ThirdPerson state has come from actually, are you on the latest version of UCC (2.3.2)? I only see the DisableAimPreset being applied to the PointClick state in the demo.

I'm not sure where that ThirdPerson state has come from actually, are you on the latest version of UCC (2.3.2)? I only see the DisableAimPreset being applied to the PointClick state in the demo.

Its interesting you say that. I am using 2.3.2 and I swear I checked the original NolanPun character for the same preset identifier and it had it for the Aim ability. Just re-checked it again and it's not there. WTF?? Werid. How in the world would it get there on my character which was originally a duplication of the NolanPun Character. Weird. Weird.. Consider this closed.. Sorry to have wasted any of your time.. Wow.. Damn..