After AI climbed upstairs, Seek couldn't find the target.

Hi,Justin, After AI climbed upstairs, Seek couldn't find the target again. any ideas ? Climb and JumpWall is Two abilitys.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.png
    2.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.png
    3.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 9
My guess is that you are not warping the NavMeshAgent after the character is done with the stairs.

I disabled UseGravity、DecectHorizontalCollisions and DetectVericalCollisions of UltimateCharacterLocomotion, So AIs can seeked target point, But AI went through the model surface of the building.I hope not disabled UseGravity、DecectHorizontalCollisions and DetectVericalCollisions of UltimateCharacterLocomotion.?

When AI was climbing a wall, there was an error.[Error[Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/AI/NavMeshAgentMovement.cs:219] [NavMeshAgentMovement] [OnGrounded] ""SetDestination"" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.

Attachments

• 9.png
    9.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 1
When AI was climbing a wall, there was an error.[Error[Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/AI/NavMeshAgentMovement.cs:219] [NavMeshAgentMovement] [OnGrounded] ""SetDestination"" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
The error report has been resolved,But AI characters just don't go to navigation targets.I'm not using OffMeshLink now.

Last edited:
It's extremely hard to debug just based on those images. Can you tell me how to reproduce it from the Behavior Designer integration scene?

First, the AI seeks the climbing point near the wall, Then it hits the trigger and triggers the Climb ability (DetectObjectAbilityBase),To Stop NavMeshAgentMovement, And now it plays the climb animation and moving up, When it gets to the top, It hits second trigger and triggers the JumpWall ability (DetectObjectAbilityBase),Now it plays the jump wall animation and jump on building,Then call the wrap and reset path methods of NavMeshAgent. Last, To Start NavMeshAgentMovement, the AI seeks target point of Player, but AI can't seek the target point.Here OffMeshLink is not used in the whole process.

*If I disabled UseGravity、DecectHorizontalCollisions and DetectVericalCollisions of UltimateCharacterLocomotion, AIs can seeked target point On the building.

TestVideo:

Attachments

• BehaviorScreenshot1.png
    BehaviorScreenshot1.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 13.png
    13.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
Instead of disabling the navmesh I would keep it enabled and use off mesh links. This is what they were designed for so I would try to use them.