Adding additional Interactions

MattG

Hi, I've been trying to add additional interactions to my character, I've added the animations and copied over the information from the demo, when I create the first additional interaction it works fine and my character drinks and the full animation is played. However the problem occurs when I add the second interaction, both the animations work, however the first interation I added the animator doesnt play the full animation, its cut short, with no logical reason why this should happen. I'm hoping to add further animations after this but cannot get past this issue after trying for nearly a week but with no solutions.

Am I missing something really obvious ? Has any one else come across this problem ?

Screenshot (223).pngScreenshot (224).png

There is likely an animation event that is stopping your interaction early:

Thank-you, I'll have another look, it's strange though how It works fine with one interact but as soon as I add a second interaction it does this.

Hi, so I've removed everything and started again and the animation plays in full now, the only problem I now have is that when I add a new interact it uses the Drink animation and not the open Carrier animation and I cannot figure out why.

Screenshot (227).pngScreenshot (230).pngScreenshot (229).png

You should check what Ability Int Data you are using on the Interact ability - this is what is used to determine the different interaction animations.

I've set the Ability Int Data value to 5 for Drink and 6 for Open Carrier using the same logic as the Nolan interacts

You can turn on the parameter logging on the Animator Monitor component to see, whether the correct AbilityIntData is set upon the interaction.