3rd person objects visible in first person

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when you're in first person mode in the demo, the third person objects can also be seen, which can be annoying having a 3rd person weapon randomly block your view when you're rotating. I had to manually set the 3rd person objects to use the InvisibleShadowCasterHDRP material. Are they supposed to be visible in the first place? And if I set the material to be invisible, how will AI agents work, because they use 3rd person objects, but they won't be visible if the material is set to be invisible. In V2 and PUN, there was the remote player perspective material component which let you set the invisible material for 3rd person objects, and it worked seemlessly for both players in first person and AI agents. Any further clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are using a different render pipeline then you will need to manually set the invisible shadow castor material manually. This is expected since the character manager doesn't automatically select the integration shadow castor.

If you are using a different render pipeline then you will need to manually set the invisible shadow castor material manually. This is expected since the character manager doesn't automatically select the integration shadow castor.
Ok I see, but what if I have an AI agent that uses the 3rd person object. If I have character item prefabs that all characters share, and I set the 3rd person object to be invisible, won't this also make it invisible for the AI agent? How would I go about making the 3rd person item invisible for the player but visible for an AI agent.

There's no need for the Third Person Objects for AI agents. AI agents will always be in a third person perspective and the Third Person Object is only used for first person objects.

There's no need for the Third Person Objects for AI agents. AI agents will always be in a third person perspective and the Third Person Object is only used for first person objects.
Oh, so will the AI agents just default to the first person object?

No, the AI should not have any first person objects. The AI is completely a third person character.

You can use either method. In the Behavior Designer sample scene we use the prefabs directly from the demo scene.