Recent content by wohoyefe

1. W

Character Trouble Going Up Ramp

Hi Justin thanks so much for your answer. I found out what the issue was. The choppyness was not in the sense of framerate, but more in the sense of the character flickering. My framerate was fine between 30-50 fps, but even when standing still the character continued to weirdly hop and flicker...
  2. W

Character Trouble Going Up Ramp

I have a similar issue as described above. Normally, when walking up a slope (terrain or 3D object), the walking animation has always been very smooth in my game. Now, all of a sudden, it's very choppy and I don't know why. I created the video below to show the difference. I've actually not made...
  3. W

Arms acceleration and displacement when jumping

I sort of managed by changing the X and Z coordinates of the Position Offset as well, which I hadn't done before, but it still feels like the gun travels a bit more than when using Nolan. Also I have the issue when I press "T" to stow the weapon away, the arms fly all over the screen instead of...
  4. W

Hi Andrew thank you so much for your ongoing help. At first, I used the FirstPersonArmsDemo controller but then the Hands did not even animate into the correct shape for a rifle (see picture below). When searching for a solution, I came across this post...
  5. W

Hi hope you're doing well :) I downloaded a model from Mixamo, separated the arms with FBS mesh tool and then assembled my first person. I positioned the arms in such a way that they are perfectly placed when holding the gun using the position spring on the weapon. When my character jumps...
  6. W

Gun jitter and no gun recoil issues

EDIT: OH god. I know why it's not recoiling. I had to add the bullets under "Item Definition Amounts" in the runtime pickup prefab in my scene. Hi Justin ok I understand, thank you so much. I now found a workaround by placing the zero coordinates in the middle of my map.
  7. W

Hi Andrew thank you so much for your kind answer. I used the default Nolan character. I've run a few more tests and realised that the jitter only occurs when the character is somewhat far away from my scene's zero point. My starting point was 3000 units away from 0. I could move my starting...
  8. W

Hi everyone. I have 2 questions please. I managed to get my first character set up following the video tutorials but unfortunately the hands and the gun are jittering. This does not happen in the demo scene, only when I create my own character (see the video). Not sure if anyone has a suggestion...