Recent content by timconkling

1. T

Better ParentTask documentation?

Confusingly, OnReevaluationStarted/OnReevaluationEnded are only ever called on Composite tasks, despite being defined on ParentTask. (These functions can simply be moved to Composite without breaking any code, aside from an easily-changed cast in BehaviorManager.ReevaluateParentTasks, to avoid...
  2. T

Better ParentTask documentation?

Hi there, I'm finding ParentTask to be tricky to understand - specifically, the circumstances in which certain functions are called. What's the difference between "Decorate(TaskStatus)", "OverrideStatus(TaskStatus)" and "OverrideStatus()"? They all seem to be capable of modifying the result...
  3. T

[Bug] Error when using "Save As External Behavior Tree"

The latest download works! Thanks, Justin!
  4. T

Hi Justin - I just re-downloaded the source package and re-imported, but I'm getting the same issue. (Also, git doesn't show any difference in any of the files, including the editor dll, after having imported - is it possible the download link is stale?) Thanks, Tim
  5. T

Hi Justin, Yes, I'm using 1.6.1. I've just created a new empty project with just BD 1.6.1, and was able to repro the issue there as well: - Create an object - Add a Behavior Tree component to it - Open the new behavior in the editor and add a single node - Right-click, Save As External...
  6. T

Hi there, I'm unable to "save as external behavior tree". I'm right-clicking in the behavior designer window and choosing that option from the context menu. After I'm prompted to choose a name and destination for the behavior asset, I get this error in the console: NullReferenceException...