Recent content by Tanman555

1. T

GC Collect When OnControllerColliderHit Called

You should really start getting in the habit of caching your components in variables. Everytime you declare GetComponent(), the engine has to perform intensive work to get the component. That's why many developers will store the component in a variable. Here's an example. public class MoveTest...
  2. T

Nice to have quality of life changes

I've recently converted my large BT into several smaller external BTs, and I have to spread out the BT reference nodes like you mentioned. I think auto-layout would be a good idea, but I do understand how it would be confusing. There should be a find all references button for every blackboard...
  3. T

That's nice, but my mouse scroll wheel currently doesn't work. I definitely need a new mouse. I currently have to press and hold the middle mouse button to scroll, and it gets pretty tedious when I have a large graph. Not to mention there's no zoom in/out button in the panel, or any other way...
  4. T

I just created another thread with similar feature requests. There should be the option to minimize External Behavior Tree References at runtime (when debugging) and only jump to that portion of the behavior tree if you desire (maybe double clicking or a navigate to button). NodeCanvas already...
  5. T

This past week, I've really started getting familiar with Behavior Designer, and loving how easy it is to manage states in my game. I've already ported a few of my character systems to use Behavior Designer, and my Behavior Tree is already getting out of control. This is only a fraction of...
  6. T

Having Issues Building Items At Runtime

Great suggestion! I've already fixed some of the errors just by setting the parent earlier in a few methods on the ItemBuilder. In particular, the parent needs to be set earlier inside of the AddThirdPersonObject() and BuildItem() methods. Seems like I fixed 9 errors so far, 11 more to go.
  7. T

Looks like some other people had similar issues to mine. https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/runtime-pickup.894/ https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/problem-with-runtime-pickup.703/ The issue doesn't seem like it has anything to do with ItemBuilding at runtime. I don't know why...
  8. T

I've really glad the UMA integration has been released along side UCC 2.1.1. I've been attempting to create my own custom spawner that would allow me to build any character model that has bones and a ragdoll setup. I've noticed the UMA integration has an ItemPickup Script, which the character...
  9. T

[BUG] UMA Integration Error When Only Using TPC

I've encountered a small error when I imported the UMA integration into Unity. Inside the UMACharacterBuilderInspector script, there's a variable called addFirstPersonPerspective, that's created if the First Person Controller is installed. #if FIRST_PERSON_CONTROLLER...
  10. T

[BUG] Error on Weapons Not having a Preset for FirstPerson States

The Fix was quite easy actually. In my character prefab, inside the Items GameObject near the root, I can find the Katana weapon that's mentioned in the error log. The Katana Item has a MeleeWeapon script, at the very buttom of the inspector there's a States array. For some reason, I had a State...
  11. T

[BUG] Error on Weapons Not having a Preset for FirstPerson States

After Importing TPC version 2.1.1 into my project, I noticed a small error about my weapons not containing a preset for First Person states. Error: The state FirstPerson on Katana (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.MeleeWeapon) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default...