Recent content by SpawnStorm

1. S

TimeScale affects Jump height apex

Found a single-directional vector answer, and it doesn't look like it will have any impact on other functionality at TimeScale = 1. As noted above, Gravity forces are correctly arcing as timescale goes approaches zero. So I looked into the upward forces, to see why the apex shrank as timescale...
  2. S

See, that's where I think we've gotten sidetracked. Gravity isn't a big problem. It is parabolic like it is supposed to be. Here is a graph from the data I collected of Timescale = 1 falling from height = 50. Notice Blue(position) is parabolic. Red is roughly linear, and Yellow (gravity) is...
  3. S

Yes, I've read your post with the table. Several times. Your assumption that 'Gravity is accumulating' is false. Gravity affects the velocity. Velocity accumulates Gravity's acceleration per unit of time...
  4. S

To add to this, I based TimeScale = 0.5 on TimeScale = 1, and only modified the 'y' values for each TimeUnit by the TimeScale. This is to make the analogy of walking take 2x longer.
  5. S

So, I've had a chance to think and run calculations on this. Imagine a person walking, one has a timescale of 1, the other a timescale of 0.5 We intuitively believe the person with a timescale of 0.5 should take 2x longer to reach the same destination. So, I calculated the velocity and...
  6. S

So I spent some more time testing this. I do hope you've given it a try. Setting the UCC timescale to 0.1, then jumping so high that you kill yourself from fall damage seems a bit /unintended/ from a gameplay point of view. So I captured real demo scene numbers for fall height = 50; those two...
  7. S

Understood. I've come to the same conclusions, and instead of re-writing the forces calculation systems (without having your unit tests to confirm against) it seems fraught with pitfalls. I discovered this issue while testing CharacterLocomotion's time scale features and calculations. Something...
  8. S

Cool, just tested FixedUpdate. Same issue, Jump apex shifts based on TimeScale. I did see that Platform logic changed (or maybe I changed it previously) to FixedUpdate. So I'm good with platforms.
  9. S

1. Character controller variant (Ultimate Character Controller, First Person Controller, etc.). Third Person Controller 2. Unity version (include which SRP, beta Unity versions aren't supported) 2020.3.18f1 also tested on 2021.1.3f1 3. Bug description Jump, and probably all AddExternalForce...
  10. S

CharacterLocomotion.cs cannot add 3rd party assemblies

Found the answer. UCC has an Assembly Definition Asset at the root level of the package (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController). All scripts below that folder must reference scripts within the package. The exception to this is if you change the Assembly Definition References list to include...
  11. S

For people who find this in search: https://forum.unity.com/threads/package-script-cannot-access-another-assembly.1188568/
  12. S

I've posted a similar report in the Discord - https://discord.com/channels/476506682382483456/478012956899147797/901591267803267082 Basically, I'm attempting to modify the source for CharacterLocomotion.cs. However, if I add a 'using [xyz Namespace]' to the file, it is not detected. Unity also...
  13. S

Chronos with UCC?

@DannyCheng Did you find a solution here? My initial attempts to modify UCC to accommodate Chronos have been riddled with roadblocks.
  14. S

Controlling Nav Mesh Agent speed, always returns 1

Perfect, that will work for me.
  15. S

Controlling Nav Mesh Agent speed, always returns 1

I'm attempting to manage the speed of my AI character. It has an UCC Locomotion script with the Nav Mesh Agent Movement ability attached. My goal is that I can adjust the Nav Mesh Agent > Speed parameter (Unity's native script) as the game plays. I'm testing this behavior with the sample script...