Recent content by reid

1. reid

Character is jumping when I resume game from pause menu

Fantastic thank you, that worked! I'll mark the thread as solved. Just to confirm – is disabling these scripts the "correct" way of doing this?
  2. reid

Character is jumping when I resume game from pause menu

Hello! I'm having a bit of trouble implementing a pause menu that prevents the player from moving or doing anything while paused. I created a pause script that sets the timescale to 0 during pause. This stopped the character from moving around but when I unpaused all the input that was...
  3. reid

Camera jitter/lag in 3rd person when moving character and camera at the same time

Ok super strange update to report: the weird jitter lag doesn't happen in a build when I'm using my monitor. It only happens when I'm displaying the build on my Macbook's built in retina display. Same build, same computer running the build – but if I use my built in laptop display: crazy...
  4. reid

Issues with character collider: clipping through walls or standing on air

This issue actually happens regardless of if my step height is set correctly. If I make the collider radius 0.4 and the step height 0.4 I have the same issues. Also noticed some really weird problems when trying to change directions if I'm right up next to a wall while "Rotate Collider" is...
  5. reid

I enabled Rotate Collider and it seemed to more or less solve the issue! If I make the capsule collider radius quite small, like 0.2, it works. There's still some minor clipping but it's not terrible. However now I'm encountering a different problem: the character seems to jump abruptly on high...
  6. reid

Hello! I'm experiencing some issues with the character collider for the 3rd person controller: I can actually walk a ways off a ledge into the air before falling, because the capsule collider on the player is still in contact with the ledge. When I walk into walls, my character partially clips...
  7. reid

Camera jitter/lag in 3rd person when moving character and camera at the same time

I just tested a few 3D games on my Mac and no, I don't encounter this issue in other 3D games. Here's a new screen recording. In Unity, I thought I only encountered the jitter when I move the player and the camera at the same time. So like if I orbit something – if I move around an object with...
  8. reid

Hmm I tried building the project and if anything it's actually worse playing the build rather than within Unity... Screen capture here. Do we still think this is just my GPU?
  9. reid

Got it thank you! So in theory this issue wouldn't be happening on a more powerful machine, correct? If that's the case I think I can live with it for now – I'm working on a Mac and could probably be using a better computer.
  10. reid

I think the problem is still happening in a scene with just a plane – but it's harder to see because the jitter/lag is most noticeable on objects you rotate around. Attached are a couple screenshots of my profiler – first while the game is running and then second afterwards. I also exported the...
  11. reid

Hey Justin, I'm having the the same issue in the demo scene in a fresh project. I've made a new screen recording and also uploaded it to Google Drive instead of Imgur in hopes it will have less compression. Video can be found here. The jitter/lag is most noticeable if you watch the crate/box...
  12. reid

Hello! Apologies if this is answered elsewhere on the forum – I found some other threads talking about camera jitter but none that seemed to fix my issue. I'm experiencing a choppy camera / jitter / movement lag when I move the character and the camera at the same time. I've made a screen...
  13. reid

How to set FPS starting camera position on scene start?

Hello! I'm trying to figure out how to control the starting position of my first person camera when the scene starts. Specifically, after a cut scene finishes, I want to start the scene looking in a specific direction. I'm a little confused about how the camera is set up because it seems the...
  14. reid

Playmaker Mouse Pick Event not working with FPS Controller

I'm not entirely sure how I got it working but I kept fiddling with things and eventually it worked. I set the Camera parent and not the First Person Camera as the MainCamera. Thanks Justin!
  15. reid

Playmaker Mouse Pick Event not working with FPS Controller

Hi everyone! I'm having an issue with the Mouse Pick Event action in Playmaker. I think it has to do with the way the Opsive camera is set up because I've got it working no problem with a different FPS controller. Basically I'm trying to allow an object to get highlighted and clicked when within...