Recent content by patrick_l

1. P

Self abort with Event conditional Task issue

Hi, I'm using the "Has Received Event" task to trigger a conditional abort. When using a Lower Priority abort type it works as expected. However I also need to re-trigger the abort sequence if a new event is received while it is currently running. I tried using a "Both" abort type but this...
  2. P

Throttle a conditional abort ?

Hmm. Maybe I didn't explain the issue well since what I have in my example doesn't work. The Avoid Task never runs. Either way I found a solution which was to create a standalone ThrottleTime task which uses the same logic as above but m_LastDelayTime is a global variable which I only update...
  3. P

Throttle a conditional abort ?

Hi, I've run into an issue trying to throttle a conditional abort and looking for another way to handle it. Basically I have a conditional task ("Should Avoid") that does a bit of processing to calculate an avoidance vector/position and then set a Variable for use in the next task. Since I...
  4. P

Some questions on combos and input buffers

That is what is available by default. I am looking for something a little different in that I want branching combos with a priority system, cancel windows, multi button presses etc
  5. P

Thanks for the info. It looks like it should fit my needs. Time to purchase while it is still on sale :P
  6. P

Ok so I can see how I could achieve what I need using the available systems however it is a bit change compared how I have them set up now. I currently use a state machine to determine valid transitions and this is managed via a custom graph editor which makes runtime visualization easy. I would...
  7. P

Hi, Does the combo system support branching attack chains? Something where you could start an attack chain of say "Light Attack -> Light Attack" and then chain into various attack/combo finishers depending on the button/s pressed? Is there any kind of input buffer built into the combo system...
  8. P

Lag Spike / High GC allocation when enabling behavior

Using a pre-loaded external tree definitely helped although I still had issues when loading more than a handful of units at a time. Not as big of a spike but still noticeable. I got around this by load balancing/queuing the spawning of objects +assigning of the external trees. Maybe I'm...
  9. P

I changed over to use as External Tree. This didn't help by itself but I added in a some logic to force Init the external tree before disabling the game objects. So basically: var behaviorTree = go.GetComponent<BehaviorTree>(); behaviorTree.ExternalBehavior.Init(); while...
  10. P

Hi, I'm trying to track down the cause of a lag spike that occurs when I enable the behavior tree on some GameObjects. It looks like it is caused by JSON serialization inside the `EnableBehavior` call but not sure why. I am Instantiating the GameObject with `Start When Enabled` unchecked and...