Recent content by Passero

1. P

How to deal with complex, long term decisions?

Just to recap if I understand the idea correctly... Suppose I have an action that will decide what building to build next. In that action, I will loop over all available buildings I can build and calculate the utility for each of them. The action will return the highest utility amongst those...
  2. P

Ok thanks. I looked at that before but never got into it. I mainly was confused with the priority vs utility selector. From a pure technical perspective, the utility chesk every tick for the utility and aborts accordingly while the priority is more static and let the task run and only rechecks...
  3. P

I'm building a 4x space game and I'm using behavior designer for my AI. My individual units use their own BT which is fine and I can easily develop them. I am now in the process of looking into building an overall AI that dictates the behavior of the AI player in general. For example, I'm...
  4. P

Confused about parallel and interrupt behavior

One more question around this. Can I somehow restrict Is Under Attack to be evaluated less times? At the moment it is running every tick but I want a lower frequency. Once every second for example.
  5. P

Ok great. that seemed to do the trick. Needs a bit getting used to. I was trying to make it work so the Flee action is aborted when the ship is no longer under attack. I needed to set my sequence abort to Both. I was trying to over complicate it with parallel and interrupts. Here's how it...
  6. P

I am building a BT for a space ship. It's main purpose is to find a planet, look at what the planet has to offer and trade. Go to another planet and sell. That part of the BT works fine. I now want to add a behavior so if someone attacks the ship, it starts to run away from the attacker. I...
  7. P

How to use FixedUpdate?

Yes it's called. I noticed it acts weird like this because I didn't initialize status in the beginning. I had: private TaskStatus status; which was causing the havoc. When I replaced it with private TaskStatus status = TaskStatus.running; It was better.
  8. P

How to use FixedUpdate?

I have an action that applies forces to rigidbodies so I guess I need to apply that in the OnFixedUpdate instead of the OnUpdate. Following code doesn't give me my expected behavior: public override void OnFixedUpdate() { bool done = UpdateAction(); if (done)...