Recent content by Ormy

1. O

Wander task and manual ticking

Thanks for the reply! I worked on this for two days (almost no sleep since I was annoyed by it haha) and fixed it by placed an idle at the end of hearing and sight trees which keeps them active. Repeater didn't work for some reason, even if I set it to forever. But it seems to work now :)
  2. O

That makes sense! I first thought that the update with status running will keep going by itself. Now that I know this, ticking the tree when they arrive seems to be a pretty good option :) I'll ask another question here so no need to open new thread since it might be a small thing. Is there a...
  3. O

Should the wander keep wandering in the movement example scene if you put it to manual there? It's seems to be similar to what I'm experiencing. It starts, goes green like it's running but the bot is not moving. Thanks for the help :)
  4. O

It doesn't stop as in don't run the task or tree anymore. Tree is going and task too. No other trees are enabled. Animals should just wander endlessly until they need to do something else. Now they walk to a single spot and won't even try another destination. Task status is running, bebugged...
  5. O

Hello. We debugged this. Running doesn't loop at all. It goes through it once and stops. Could you have any idea why? I'll try installing it on a fresh project and see if ours is somehow broken.
  6. O

Was afraid that's the case. I'll start debugging it tomorrow then. I did some already but it seems like it goes through the update once or twice and when the agent arrives to their first destination, they just stop and don't even try anymore, like the update doesn't loop. I've done a custom...
  7. O

Hello! I'm been having trouble where I need to tick my behavior trees manually but wander task doesn't set new targets and my agents walk to their first destination and then stops. It works if manager is set to every frame or manually tick in update. I can see the Wander-task green as it...
  8. O

Help with optimizing tree

Moved two of the senses to code / manual ticks and I can't even see behaviorManager.Update or Tick in the profiler at all anymore. Seems to work super well so far! And moved flee as you suggested so that helps to and it works better than before. So excited to work more on this! :D
  9. O

Thank you! Nice to know that I had the right idea at least. I changed the manager to manual and moved senses to their own trees which I tick from code every second or so if animal is rendered and close enough to the player. Eliminates unnecessary checks if animal is not even visible or outside...
  10. O

Ran the deep profile and as I thought, it ticks canhear, cansee and within distance and those ticks eat all the performance. I use those to check if player is nearby and then run their own trees where I set animal to different stances if they see, hear or smell the player. Here is my current...
  11. O

I was checking animals senses parallel in every frame (can see player, can hear and within distance for smell check) and if I removed that, it became really light. Was thinking to set behavior manager to manual and call ticks from code when needed instead of constantly checking it. Didn't run...
  12. O

Hey! I'm making a VR hunting game with animal behaviors. So far I've gotten most working that I need but my behavior trees are really heavy when there are multiple animals / herds rendered. BehaviorManager.Update can be over 20ms which alone is more than VRs budget and I'd like to ask what are...