Recent content by Nads

1. N

Help with Replicating Tutorial Behaviour Tree

Okay thanks Justin, did you mean changing the sequence tasks for the two at the top, or the middle and bottom one? At the moment the top 2 sequence tasks currently had conditional aborts, so i assume you mean those ones and not the one at the bottom between the seek and wait task. Going over...
  2. N

The character controller I have is very basic just to enable root motion and the attack calls. You said it was the easiest way to do the animator controls like you recommended in the mech warriors article, that’s the reason I took that route as I didn’t know how else I could do it. The seek...
  3. N

BTW not sure if this might help or not, but here is my AIController class that updates the root motion of the zombie to animate correctly: void Update() { // Character walks/runs if there is a navigation path set, idle all other times. if (_navAgent.hasPath) {...
  4. N

Ive tried everything, but for some reason whenever agent reaches the seek position and then starts to attack, he always starts walking away from the agent and then attacking, so his back is mostly facing the player on attack :( Its like hes seeking to the position, getting too close so trying...
  5. N

I managed to solve that too actually it was just a line that says applyRootMotion that needs to be set to true in the method OnAnimatorMove(). Then Root motion works properly. I also have written my Attack Behaviour Node aswell now and thats almost working too. However, hopefully this is the...
  6. N

Hi Justin, thanks I managed to sort out the floating issue, it was actually just a tick box for height nav mesh that needed to be ticked before baking the navmesh. However, I’m having another issue that I was really hoping you might be able to help with as I’ve tried and searched for hours but...
  7. N

Upon further investigation, disabling the NavMesh Component of the zombie, makes him fall down via gravity, but then his feet go into the ground?! Any idea why NavMesh would affect the models y position? Cause as soon as i enable the NavMeshAgent component again, i can not manually even move...
  8. N

Thanks Justin, but I’m afraid I have some very beginner questions. How can I access my controller class from the custom task? My controller class is just called AINavigator. I’m having some issues with my enemy character (ie. the zombie), it’s set as Root Motion, has a RigidBody, isGravity is...
  9. N

Thanks i will try the first part out and hopefully it will work. As for the attack, can you please elaborate on creating a custom task cause i dont have UCC to check the USE ITEM node out. Are you saying that my custom task node should call my character class (the class where im checking for...
  10. N

Hey Justin, its me again, okay so i have my zombie enemy character created now with animations. I have used Animator and added a blend tree with various animations for idle, walking, running, turning on the spot, walk turning and run turning. I also have a separate Attack Layer, which has 3...
  11. N

I am doing a vr game using steamVR and VRTK, hence i cant really use any of your character controller assets. I had a quick glance at the MecWarriors article, but as i hadn't started this part yet, i haven't run into the animation issue as such yet. But it will happen soon enough. But if we...
  12. N

i think you might be right, there's not enough tutorials on behaviour tree, and the tutorials that are there are way to basic which is a good start but we really need more advanced real world tutorials, at the moment I've only come across one which is the tutorial for the ultimate character...
  13. N

Thanks so much Justin, its working now, hooray!!! I think the integration project for ultimate controller probably got messed up and missed a few things as it was missing the Ultimate Character Controller pack, and in turn the scripts, layers, tags etc are all omitted out. But assigning the...
  14. N

Ah i see, one thing though, is this an automatic feature of the Can See Object or needs to be assigned? Because i dont see it assigned anywhere in the example tutorial. Should it be like this? I have my player on the Player layer, do i need to manually assign this in the node? I watched both...
  15. N

Sorry what i meant is how does the Can See Object know that its looking only for the player Target? Do you use a Tag or something else in that Ultimate Character Controller Tutorial Scene, cause i cant see anything to do with this, thanks.