Recent content by mattmirrorfish

1. mattmirrorfish

UIS Losing Prefab References In Inventory Manager?

I gave it a try and so far it seems to be working, thanks!
  2. mattmirrorfish

Ah thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know.
  3. mattmirrorfish

Limiting Number Of Slots In Inventory?

Ok thanks for the info. What do you mean by a custom item restriction? Do you mean just write my own behavior to test the state of the inventory before adding an item?
  4. mattmirrorfish

Thanks for your reply. Unity version is 2020.3.1f1 as shown in screenshot above. I am referencing prefab assets that in this case are placeholders and never used in a scene or anywhere else. I need them there because apparently equipped doesn’t work without them. They are assigned at the...
  5. mattmirrorfish

hey there, I'm seeing a behavior where periodically UIS will lose references to prefabs in the Inventory Manager. I've set the values about 4 or 5 times now and then saved to try to trigger an asset database save in Unity, but it just seems to drop them. Here's a screenshot of the lost...
  6. mattmirrorfish

I've reduced the size in the grid index and made sure there are 8 stacks in the source inventory but somewhere some indexes are not aligning it seems like. Here's an image of what I've got, leaving aside the question of resizing inventories for now, I'd just like to get this menu working with a...
  7. mattmirrorfish

Thanks, this is helpful. What I am noticing though is that when I disable some items in the Storage Inventory Grid Panel bottom level Item View Slots Grid they are re-enabled upon entering play mode. Do you know where this is happening in code? I am noticing that switching my units inventory to...
  8. mattmirrorfish

I'd like to create multiple inventories with different number of slots, similar to the different tiers of bags in something like World of Warcraft. Bag 1 has 4 slots, bag 2 has 8. Where can I define this in UIS? Really been enjoying working with the system so far, thanks so much guys...
  9. mattmirrorfish

Troubleshooting the New Unity Input System Integration

Figured it out. By setting the Disable Flag To True in the Layout Group Navigation component and then setting all the items Navigation to "Everything" instead of "Explicit" the controller can now move fluidly between both the "options" and "item grid" areas.
  10. mattmirrorfish

Troubleshooting the New Unity Input System Integration

I'm dealing with similar issues using Unity Input System (instead of old manager) with the UIS integration. I want to navigate between panels in the Storage menu example using a gamepad input. I am able to navigate the Inventory grid but not move over to Storage. I see that it's not configured...