Recent content by marmofish

1. M

Help Setting up Item Pickup

Sorry, I should have clarified - the pickup ability IS being triggered, as in the object does despawn and get added to the inventory. However it is not appearing in my character's hand and I am unable to equip it
  2. M

If it helps here are the current setting on my item pickup and pickup item ability: item pickup: pickup item ability:
  3. M

Oh I missed that video - it's a big help! Thank you! A follow-up question - I have the pickup working now but it's not appearing in my character's hands when walking through it? The pickup item ability also doesn't seem to be triggering. I don't know if it might have anything to do with having...
  4. M

Hi, I'm still relatively new to UCC and though I've looked through the documentation and asked on the discord, I'm still struggling with getting some help as to how to properly set up a pick-uppable item. Basically, I have an item sitting on a table that I would like the character to pick up...
  5. M

Ability Message not displaying?

Ah, yep, that was the issue ? didn't notice there was a separate setup for the UI. Thanks!
  6. M

Could you clarify what you mean by add the UI to the scene?
  7. M

Here are my settings: Interactable GameObject: Interact ability: Very similar to what you've provided, but maybe it's something small I'm missing? Right now I'm basically just recreating the interactable door from the demo scene
  8. M

Yes, the interact is being triggered and is working fine itself.
  9. M

Hi, I've set up the interact ability and am trying to have text display when an object is interactable, like "Press F to interact". I set the message in the ability message text in the inspector under the player's interact abilities, but in the game itself the text is not displaying. Any...