Recent content by kblack0610

1. K

Can't change variables at runtime of task in external behavior task of behavior tree reference.

Looks like I was able to get it to work by changing the variables after the subscribed event "OnBehaviorComplete", nice! If there's an easier way to do this, would appreciate any guidance. Thanks for your awesome asset and sorry about the long thread of talking to myself! haha
  2. K

Can't change variables at runtime of task in external behavior task of behavior tree reference.

The main reason I did this is to access the variables entirely through the code. I'd prefer not to have to edit shared variables in the inspector and use the variable synchronizer, but if that's the only way then I guess I'll have to go that route.
  3. K

Ah interesting, I noticed it changed the var on the actual external behaviour tree in my assets, but not the one on the character. That's a lead though. I must have to reference the task that gets created within the tree from the external behavour (a new task gets created right) than the actual...
  4. K

Hello, I have my behavior tree and tasks referenced in a controller script that I'm using to tie to persistent data I have saved (it loads during runtime when the enemy is instantiated, i.e distance to target, etc). When I access the behavior tree references I have in my behavior tree and try to...
  5. K

Picking up thrown object

Hey, I've been having trouble repicking up a throwable grenade item I made. I tried adding an ItemPickup and a TriggerCollider to the thrown object, and added the correct setting for item pickup as well but not able to pick up my item after it is thrown. Any ideas on how I can implement this...
  6. K

Collisions for items.

Ah ok that makes sense ty, ya I'm able to get a throwable working as a "grenade item" so I guess that's a good enough workaround. I can just edit what I need from there. It's only when I create a "throwable item" through the item manager without any grenade scripts is when I don't see any object...
  7. K

Collisions for items.

@ChristianWiele Hey Thanks Christian that worked appreciate it! Good luck with your beans and bones game by the way, cool concept! Had a question about this to btw since I noticed you had throwable coconuts in your game...
  8. K

Question about charged throw for throwables.

@Justin Hey sorry for the late reply, just ran through the grenade tutorial again and still having issues with the throwable. When I throw the object nothing spawns even though I set it up exactly the same way I did the grenade. Would love a tutorial of it being done correctly.
  9. K

Collisions for items.

Do the items have there own collisions similar to how the character does? I'm trying to make a boundary that an item can pass through but not a character. Using the layer collision matrix doesn't seem to work on the items. It's a throwable grenade item, I see I can change the layer that the...
  10. K

Question about charged throw for throwables.

Hey, wanted to say Ultimate Character Controller is awesome! Great documentation. I noticed there was slightly less docs on the throwable items then the other items. Was wondering if there was any presets to have a charged throw on a grenade/throwable without custom scripting? I was going to add...