Recent content by justingirard

1. J

Idea: Dynamically Generated Animation Controller?

I'm about to embark on a journey to heavily customize the controller. This means swapping out animations, and transitions, many times. I have been trying to figure out how to modularize the process and make it something I can version control. Then I noticed in the Climbing and Ability packs --...
  2. J

Swapping out Character Contoller?

I think I was impressed with the fidelity of the clipping, and some of of the nuances related to how surfaces and other low level details were handled . Also, because the asset is so tightly focused on just the environment+character+physics (and nothing else), it is easy for me (as a beginner in...
  3. J

Swapping out Character Contoller?

Hello! Looking for a perspective on swapping out the character controller. Meaning, I love the UCC items, abilities, and animator, but I do not love the kinematics and world dynamics. Because I am doing a huge deep dive and hoping to "go deep", and realized how large the UCC Physics component is...
  4. J

Project setup without DLLs?

Thanks a ton!
  5. J

Anyway, perhaps the code above, if someone is trying to debug the events, can save someone some hours :)
  6. J

I want to preface the following, with how much I love the code base, the project, and its strengths. However, I must note that the DLL packages are unfortunately not extensible today, specifically meaning that many of the members are private, or internal. Since they are used everywhere, this...
  7. J

It seems, after spending around 50 hours in the engine now, that many core libraries I would like to customize and extend are actually DLLs. Is there a way to configure the project to ignore DLLs, and use source? Example Situation (The present, but have had three of these now): Today, I have...
  8. J

Learning AI: Simple Sword AI -- how to not attack forever

Turns out that the issue was actually in the sword. I believe in the sword tutorial a "RepeatCombo" is used. The AI, without interruption, will keep executing this in a chain forever. I was able to get out of this loop by choosing a SimpleCombo instead: If one wants to debug an Item, I found...
  9. J

Learning AI: Simple Sword AI -- how to not attack forever

To learn the code base, I am making a very simple AI that chases my player, and slashes a weapon. I am using the sword from tutorials. I am stuck on something I feel is very simple -- doing one slash at a time. I'm looking to understand how I can make the AI character do one slash, wait for some...
  10. J

How to Integrate Behaviour Designer with UCC 3

GOT IT RUNNING! Fantastic. I think I have everything (UCC, UIS, BD, BD-Movement, Deathmatch AI) all connected -- or close. If I am missing any other files I will let you know. AI is pretty good. I could really only manage to kill 1 or 2 before getting killed. Excellent starting point. Since I...
  11. J

Oh I see. Yes I'm not sure where that subsequent order or invoice number would be now. I think back then I did not understand these IDs were critically important. Thanks for back propagating the Integrations in the DB
  12. J

Fantastic!!!! Let me check when I get come. Very excited. The side effect here was that I learned how to build my own AI from scratch and how to create behaviours in the BD. So really I needed these skills anyway -- just didn't want them yet
  13. J

Integration missing for UCC + Inventory Solution?

Please mark as SOLVED :)
  14. J

Integration missing for UCC + Inventory Solution?

SOLVED. The package is on the UCC, not the UIS. It is probably really important to state this somewhere!!!! ----- Optional end-user feedback: (Information that may help in a product onboarding review meeting) Bias/ User profile: I am a staff software eng, and for the last 15 years I have...