Recent content by johnlondergan

1. J

Ultimate Steamworks Networking - Assets Project (Fish-Net, Mirror and Netcode)

If this is working, we would be interested..
  2. J

Puddle water splashes

I have the Surface Manager working fine but in some instances, where puddles are they have used the same textures on the terrain and have a water mesh over it. I could add a mesh collider to the puddle and stream water meshes but I didn't want things to be able to be placed on top of them or...
  3. J

Precision body colliders?

I want to more or less get rid of the main capsule collider and only use arms, head, legs individual colliders (ragdoll coliders basically) for both melee and ranged attack hit detection.. I suppose that I could make the main capsule collider small and just cover the legs or something but was...
  4. J

Unity spams errors about input missing ""

happens in UpdateAbilityInput(m_CharacterLocomotion.ItemAbilities); and inside CanInputStartAbility() ItemAbility: Use Action Id 5 seems like Special Attack? UsableItems[2] is null, null Custom StartType comboElement.InputName = "" playerInput.GetAxisRaw(currentComboElement.InputName) fails of...
  5. J

Can't reference my own classes from SpawnManagerBase.cs

Need to add some code, but can't see/access my own classes from that file.. why not?
  6. J

HDRP on NolanPUN

OK I did find those options and set them but with Overlay Pass prefab in the scene, it makes the main camera very blurry all the time. If I set the Layer on it to be Overlay, or if I set Mode to Local it stops but certainly I need to understand more about how it works or what it's purpose i. It...
  7. J

HDRP on NolanPUN

I couldn't find "Overlay Render Type" on any component, can you show a screen shot of most of the screen with the component?
  8. J

Why modify UCC Health.cs instead of OnHealthDamage

I'm curious why the PUN code was placed inside Health.cs instead of just subscribing to OnHealthDamage so that UCC internal scripts weren't modified?
  9. J

Parachute/typical freefall battle royale?

Any examples of how to do that well?
  10. J

GameObject extensions performance?

oh right, static.. ok. I guess one thing I would wonder about is cleanup, since you might create/destroy many gameobjects and get their components the list would keep growing? but that looks like the only downside, if you didn't use pooling for projectiles etc I just wonder how big this list...
  11. J

GameObject extensions performance?

Does this allocate on all gameobjects globally?
  12. J

HDRP purple on NolanPUN

OK I see an Invisible Shadow Caster HDRP in the project, was there a step I missed somewhere that I need to always do?
  13. J

HDRP purple on NolanPUN

I found another post that someone made in Sept 2020, but noone replied to it:
  14. J

HDRP purple on NolanPUN

Looks like it is the Invisible Shadow Caster shaders
  15. J

HDRP purple on NolanPUN

I created HDRP project and imported everything and upgraded to HDRP, I think maybe it is Cameras? I did download the HDRP addon for UCC but maybe it doesn't apply to the NolanPUN character