Recent content by Joan Sabé

1. J

Change the number of air jumps with Playmaker

Hello, I'm creating a game with TPC, Unity and Playmaker. I want the Player to be able to increase the number of jumps they can make in the air as the game progresses. I see that this is changed through: UltimateCharacterLocomotion(Script) < Jump < Max Airborne Jump Count. Do you know if it's...
  2. J

How to create an attack ability using TPC

Hello, I don't know what you mean by whether my 'Character Item' Animator Slot ID is correct or not. Where do I find the Character Item, and how do I know if it's correct? I see that in the Opsive Demo, they use 'Slot0ItemID' number '21' for melee combat. My player has the number '0'. If I...
  3. J

How to add an effect to the double jump.

Hi, I've seen that by changing the value of "Max Airborne Jump Count," a double jump is added. I would like to add a visual effect to the double jump. How could I do this? From the animator or from Playmaker FSM? Keep in mind that I don't know how to program. Thanks again!
  4. J

How to implement a double jump

Amazing! I didn't know the demo had double jump. I've noticed that to implement double or triple jump, all I have to do is go to Jump in the inspector and change the value of "Max Airborne Jump Count." It's that easy! Opsive is amazing. Thank you so much!
  5. J

Hello, I have watched the tutorial, but I can't seem to create a melee attack for my quadruped. Firstly, I must mention that when I initially created my generic quadruped, in the Character Manager > Advanced settings, I did not select "Items." My initial idea was not to have it capable of...
  6. J

How to implement a double jump

Hello, I'm creating a game with Unity + TPC + Playmaker. To implement a double jump, do I need to use a Playmaker FSM, or can I do it directly from the Animator? If so, could you give me some hints on how to do it? Thank you very much.
  7. J

How to change the motor acceleration only for walking and not for running

How to change the motor acceleration only for walking and not for running? In the Ultimate Character Locomotion script, it allows you to change the Motor Acceleration, but this affects both walking and running of the character.Is there a way to change it only for walking? Thank you.
  8. J

I want to reduce the player's movement speed to match the animation. How can I do that?

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. If I change the Motor Acceleration in the Ultimate Character Locomotion script, it adjusts the movement speed to match the animation speed. Thank you so much!
  9. J

I want to reduce the player's movement speed to match the animation. How can I do that?

Thank you for your quick response. I don't use Root Motion, I use In-Place. I have increased the animation speed, but it still doesn't match. I would need to increase the animation speed a bit more to make it match, but it would look strange. What I was thinking of doing is reducing the...
  10. J

Hi, I'm creating a third-person game with a quadruped character, using Playmaker (without writing code). I would like to add an attack option for the player, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've tried doing it through the Animator, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I have created a sub-state...
  11. J

Hello, I have a question. The animation of my player and its movement doesn't match up. I have accelerated the animation through the animator, and it has helped, but I would like to reduce the character's speed. What should I do? Thank you
  12. J

How can I walk backwards?

Thank you so much. In September of last year, I bought the TPC (version 2) with a discount on the GDU (Game Dev Unlocked) course. How can I upgrade it to version 3? Thank you
  13. J

How can I walk backwards?

How can I walk backwards? I am using TPC on my character and used Nolan's Animator (from the Demo). But the character, when I get focused in a corner, I can't get out of there. I get stuck. I have increased the Motor Rotation Speed, but it doesn't work for me. What can I do?Thank you,John
  14. J

The player's feet are submerged in the ground.

Hi, I've a problem with my player (quadruped). I'm using TPC, Final IK and Playmaker. In TPC amp using abilities: jump, fall, move towards, speed change, height change, Align to ground, Slide. On Align to ground, when I put "Distance" to 0, the player's feet are submerged in the ground (not...
  15. J

How can I slip when there is a steep slope?

Oh, but now I see another problem... my player is a little submerged to the ground, and I can't see his feet. Do you know what else I can do? Thank you (I put this question in another different question of the forum, in order to separate issues)