Recent content by JimiHomeless

1. J

Stop useAbility while moving and prone simultaneously

I messed up. It's actually supposed to be "characterLocomotion.TryStopAbility(useAbility, true);". That got it working.
  2. J

Stop useAbility while moving and prone simultaneously

I'm having an issue with deactivating useAbility while both moving prone. I recently made a prone ability that is pretty much the same script as the height change ability. While in-game, players should only be able to shoot their weapon from the prone position while not moving. Once the player...
  3. J

Health regeneration instead of instant health refill

Here's my updated code: public class MorphineAbility : MonoBehaviour { [SerializeField] protected GameObject m_Character; [SerializeField] private KeyCode healKey = KeyCode.Mouse0; public float cooldownTime = 5; public float nextFireTime = 0; public bool isHealing...
  4. J

Changing first person item's position and rotation at runtime?

Alright, here's the new script: And here are the results: https://streamable.com/2mig6e Hmm...does it have something to do with the way I'm going about getting the position of the game object?
  5. J

Oh, that makes sense. I'll keep the inspector reference and ditch GameObject.Find. Here's the updated code: Looks ok, let's test it: Annnnd...not what I wanted ? Perhaps I need an else statement placing the transform values back to where they were before?
  6. J

The position offset is where I want it to be. However, the transform values (namely position and rotation) of the item itself would need to dynamically change at runtime in order to look correct. Is this possible?
  7. J

Would I have to have the Ultimate Inventory System add-on to use custom item actions? All of the search results for "custom item action Opsive" come up with documentation related to the add-on.
  8. J

Aiming down sight state while crouching

That's okay cause it looks like I fixed it! After re-enabling "activate in first person", I looked into what I could do with the event system on my camera. It was then I found the "On Zoom Event (Boolean)" setting. Creating a new event, I dragged in my M4A1 item that had the crouching script...
  9. J

I could! But I would be leaving my arms behind ?. This is tricky, the arms themselves can't be moved at runtime. This "idle" stance is ultimately tied to the character actively aiming, even if the aim down sight key isn't being pressed. I tried using a keybind in my code instead of the aiming...
  10. J

I really appreciate the help, but I can't make it work this way. My understanding is just too limited. Let's go back to using the aimAbility instead. That got me closer to getting what I needed, compared to using the camera states. You had said "You'll likely need to adjust the weapon's offset...
  11. J

I there a video example of iterating through a given array in the context of Unity programming? I've set this issue aside for a few months because I didn't have a clue about how any of that works. That said, I took another stab at it and reduced the errors down to 2.
  12. J

Hello. I'm working on a Morphine healing ability within my game that I have functioning close to the way I need it to. When used in game, my characters health refills instantly to the amount I set it to. However, I want to have the health bar go up over a period of time, depending on how damaged...