Recent content by Jedi

1. J

Bow Setup with Custom Character

Hi, I wonder if you or whoever did it can please explain in detail how nolans hands and fingers were positioned in the demo scene. If Final IK is your recommended solution for this; then why dont you know about it? Can someone who knows about Final IK please respond to this thread. is...
  2. J

Ok I was able to load the integration package. And loaded the other final IK scripts mentioned in the opsive final IK integration page here https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/integrations/final-ik/... Yet after going through all options; I still can not find...
  3. J

HDRP Material Transparency Integration with Object Fader - Character is Always Transparent - Change from Opaque to Transparent on Runtime or what?

Ok I will try that with the HDRP Scene I had set up. Where exactly would I find the "ObjectFader.FadeMaterial method"? Have you tested this fade working in a scene you set up with Opsive in HDRP ? What about the Universal Render Pipeline? Can I use that with Opsive? Thanks have a...
  4. J

I have had a forest fire in my area so I was offline for awhile evacuating. But the rain put out the fire before it got to me; and I have also now set up a microhydro generator for powering my office. So this main question of: How to move the hands of a custom character to correct position...
  5. J

Hi This post is just basically related to the Bow and Arrow on a Custom Character. There is several questions related to that topic.
  6. J

Hi Thanks for this suggestion, So would I apply this technique to a target, like a test qube that the Arrow can stick to; or the arrow itself? Have you tried to do this with a arrow yet?
  7. J

Ok I found this about saving Runtime: https://answers.unity.com/questions/43972/how-do-i-commit-changes-in-test-mode.html Easiest Way: Enter play mode, Adjust your values, Right click on Script > "copy Component" Exit play mode, Go to original prefab > Right click on Script > "paste>...
  8. J

re: Moving the Hands I have also been trying to move the hands position; I found this post that talks about adjusting the hands https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/adjusting-arms-to-weapons.77/ It says we should use Final IK to do this. and notice that Andrew said 5. This is...
  9. J

Ok I found a way to make the character totally freeze during Runtime to make grabbing the control handles of the arrow easier: To Freeze Character = (After you push play; uncheck the "Animator" Script at the top ofthe characters scripts.) But upon attempting to adjust at runtime; i have...
  10. J

re: Arrow Placement Hi thanks for the replies, I appreciate everyone who tries to help. I understand, im just trying to make more documentation for noobs like me who will get stuck at these points. As time permits I will go through all the steps and suggestions people say and let you know...
  11. J

Greetings Friends, Im onto trying to set up the bow with a custom character. There is a few issues happening: I have watched the Shootable Weapon Setup video several times and searched in the documentation but dont see the answers there. 1: The arrow is tilted slightly upwards on my bow...
  12. J

HDRP Material Transparency Integration with Object Fader - Character is Always Transparent - Change from Opaque to Transparent on Runtime or what?

Greetings, I have run into a block near the beginning of setting up my scene and learning opsive. Im trying to use the HDRP because im also using Gaia and everything looks better with HDRP. I am told that When you switch to HDRP; for the object fader to work, the material has to be...