Recent content by jaunger1999

1. J

Controller Connected Bug

What I was getting at is that the ControllerConnected state is never activated. I changed the source code myself to make it work but figured it was worth mentioning.
  2. J

Controller Connected Bug

Ok so this is very funny to me. I got the new input system working and now it seems like the ControllerConnected state doesn't get checked for at all. If I'm understanding the code right, the ControllerConnected state is only set at line 339 in PlayerInput.cs. But before it does that, it...
  3. J

Top Down View Type Rotation

Hello, I'm building a game that uses the top down view type. The effect I'm trying to achieve with it is one where the camera can orbit the player without rotating to face up. There's two issues I'm having. 1. Making the pitch value go 90 or above causes the camera to rotate so that it faces...
  4. J

Controller Connected Bug

Hi, I was trying to use the ControllerConnected state and found some issues with it. The line 339 in PlayerInput.cs var controllerConnected = Input.GetJoystickNames().Length > 0; always returns true for me. There is always one entry in the array that's a blank string if I don't have a...
  5. J

Hang ability not properly aligning after changing character model.

I had a feeling it had to do with those offset values you mentioned. I managed to fix the first issue by setting the y value in "Relative Hang Offset" to 0 but I still want to understand better. Maybe I'm missing something but the documentation doesn't seem clear to me here. In particular...
  6. J

This is the error I received. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at...
  7. J

Hi, I've been experimenting with exchanging the character model within my character and encountered an issue with the hang ability. What I've changed. 1. I moved a new character model and rig into the character object. 2. I moved the items held in the previous rig to the new rig. 3. I removed...
  8. J

Enabling the Use Item Ability in Code

Thanks for the response. I did some more digging in the code and figured out that enabling the "Wait for slot event" checkbox under "Use complete event" fixes my problem. Though I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation explaining what this means. A few things confuse me about...
  9. J

Enabling the Use Item Ability in Code

Hi, I'm writing a script that has an ai agent activate the use item ability and have encountered a problem. I'm using this ability with an assault rifle. Whenever it's activated, as soon as the agent fires one shot it returns the gun to the resting position. The gun does have full auto...