Recent content by Hamesh

1. H

Setting up left & right handed items

Yes I will try creating the custom character again, but what I'm confused about is why is the demo scene not working in one project and working fine in another? Especially when the steps I have taken to import everything are the same.
  2. H

Ok I have removed BD and UCC from my default project. I then imported these from the asset store, tried the UCC demo and everything was working ok out of the box, I didn't need to create the item categories or update the item set manager, everything was ready to go. I then followed the same...
  3. H

Version 2.2 Released

Some great features added with this release so thank you very much for these Justin. I noticed the following issues after installing in a new project (V2.2f2): - there is an infinite echo on the ricochet item, which when using the assault rifle after this also creates more infinite echos with...
  4. H

Yes it is happening in the default demo scene in a fresh project. The only thing different to in the 2.2 videos is that I also have Behavior Designer and the Swimming and Agility Addons also in the project, but this should matter should it? I will delete everything in the project and start...
  5. H

Sorry do you mean that the category is already built in to the item collection? Since other than Items there was no other category there originally. I created the category based on the video since I was getting the null reference errors and thought that creating it would fix this issue. I have...
  6. H

Creating a blank item for holstering

That does make sense, but are you able to point me to where the item action is located, I have looked through the item and cannot find it. Also, by new item do you mean a custome item types needs to be created or can the existing melee item be used? If I use a timer where should I place the...
  7. H

Yes I am using the default ItemCollection that came with the demo, and I created a single category called Items as per the video, please see here:
  8. H

Creating a blank item for holstering

I would like to create a custom default item which will not have any attacks so to speak. It would be similar to the body item except it won't have any animations at all. Instead when the aim or fire/attack input is pressed I would like the item to trigger a switch to the next item and aim or...
  9. H

I have checked the Equip Unequip ability and these were all also correct and as per demo Nolan so I'm not sure why it wasn't working. With the 2.2 version, I have tried importing everything from scratch but despite not upgrading but actually importing everything fresh I still had the same issue...
  10. H

Runtime PickUp errors

Yeah very odd, I actually used the exact same character model for TPC1 and didn't have these scaling issues with the items. I will try a few more items and see if the issue is consistent.
  11. H

Ok are you able to let me know which component the Equip Unequip ability is on since that is the only troubleshooting step I haven't been able to try. If I uncheck the Wait For Animation property of the Equip Event this does make the item visible and play the equipping sound, but the animations...
  12. H

Runtime PickUp errors

Just curious about the item scale issue mentioned above. This doesn't appear to happen on the Nolan character, so I am wondering why it is happening on a different character? I have gone through all of the bones and the scale is 1 from the hand bone all the way back up the chain to the root.
  13. H

Yes I have gone through this one and the Item Set page, but I though that this is what I have done already? Since Item Set 1 above covers the sword in slot 0, while Item Set 2 covers the sword in slot 1 or have I done this incorrectly? I have also looked at how the bow and shields are setup...
  14. H

I am trying to setup a few different pickup variations for the same item type. I need a pick up where the sword will be equipped into the right hand and then another which will equip it into the left hand. The right I have managed to get working, however when I duplicate and edit the pick up...
  15. H

Runtime PickUp errors

Oh it's the model file, I hadn't picked that up since it's mentioned quite quickly in the video. Thank you for that, that removed the errors. I had thought that the sword wasn't displaying but after testing again after the above change, I realized it is actually there just incredibly small. It...