Recent content by dangoyette

1. D

Because Tasks all have OnDrawGizmos methods, the Unity Gizmos menu is a mess

That's a good idea. It would be nice if there was some global (preferences-based) approach to turn the gizmos behavior on/off across the board, without requiring code changes. I don't know whether preferences can set/unset compiler options, but maybe that would be a possible approach. Toggling...
  2. D

Thanks for pointing me to the source. I basically just renamed OnDrawGizmos in the base class to "DrawGizmos", and that removed all those classes from the Gizmos dropdown, and makes the dropdown much more usable again. I then added the DrawGizmos attribute that @OJuer mentioned, so this is the...
  3. D

If you pull down the Gizmos dropdown at the top of the Scene view, it will show an entry for every class in the project that has an OnDrawGizmos method. Because the base class "Task" has a public virtual method OnDrawGizmos, it means literally every class that inherits from Task (and there are...
  4. D

Proper way to perform conditional logic

Okay. So that means I'll have to author additional that compose the functionality of various other tasks. For example, if I had two Conditionals, "Is Facing Target" and "Is In Melee Range", and I want one branch to be activated only if both are true, I'll need to write a new custom Conditional...
  5. D

To clarify the issue with Conditional Evaluators, see this tree: If I start this off with Val1 being tree, the left side of the tree evaluates, and "Log" is called. If I then change "Val1" to false, the right side of the Sequence results in Failure, and the "Idle" node begins to run. However...
  6. D

I'm struggling with how to structure my Behavior Tree to allow for complex conditions without interrupting long-running actions. What I'm finding is that any Success in a Conditional node will trigger a conditional abort on the currently running task, even if the rest of the branch doesn't...
  7. D

Can't get Set Look At Position to work

I think I understand why OnAnimatorIK wasn't working originally for me. The reason is because the Behavior Tree and the Animator were on two different game objects. The Behavior Tree was on the parent game object, and the Animator it was affecting was on a child game object. Even though I...
  8. D

I tried this on a different model, and it works better, so I assume there's an issue on my first model, unrelated to Behavior Designer. So, perhaps a false alarm there. However, on the clean model, I'm finding that OnAnimatorIK is only getting called every other frame, not every frame. I'll...
  9. D

Thanks. That doesn't seem to change the behavior. I've added the repeater, and I've also set the Behavior Tree to Restart when Complete. I've put a breakpoint in SetLookAtWeight's OnUpdate, and it gets hit every frame. But its OnAnimatorIK doesn't get hit. SetLookAtPosition isn't getting...
  10. D

I'm trying to do something very simple: I'm trying to use "Set Look At Position" to make a model look at a given position. Here you can see what I've got so far. The "Target Game Object" is the FXB model that has the Animator on it, which is what is selected in this screenshot. In the...
  11. D

Making slight changes to Prefab Variant behaviors

I'm going to be making a new variant of one of my characters, which is very similar to the current character, with some small behavior differences. I was trying to understand whether there was an efficient way to make one behavior inherit from another, with some tweaks? For example, most of the...
  12. D

Only evaluate a condition every N seconds

I'm using a behavior that checks whether one character can see another. I'm a little concerned this will get expensive with many characters active at the same time, and it's really not critical that the character respond immediately. So I was thinking it would be fine if the "Can See" check was...
  13. D

Editing External Behavior Trees in Play Mode (without losing changes)

Thanks. I was editing the asset itself, not the game object. I clicked the external behavior asset, clicked the "Open" button, and edited it while in Play Mode. I changed some values on some of the Actions, and adjusted some of the values on the variables. Upon leaving play mode, the values I...
  14. D

Editing External Behavior Trees in Play Mode (without losing changes)

My first Behavior Tree was added directly to the game object, and I was disappointed that editing the Behavior Tree in Play Mode didn't keep the changes when I left Play Mode. I figured this was because the entire tree was being serialized onto the game object, and game object changes aren't...
  15. D

HDR Colors?

I tried putting a public Color property on an Action, decorated with [ColorUsage] to support HDR color, but the Behavior Design UI only seems to let me pick non-HDR colors. Is this a missing feature? Or do I need to use a different attribute to pick HDRP colors? The same applies to SharedColor...