Recent content by chainsawpenguin

1. C

How to implement transform.LookAt?

Aha! Very cool, thanks! Sometimes the Ability system is a heavier lift than I need, but it's EXTREMELY well thought out. In this case, I actually only needed to allow rotation for a single frame, and I doped out how to do that with the information above. As always, thanks for the quick and...
  2. C

How to implement transform.LookAt?

Good afternoon, team! I hope you're all having fun as we head into the New Year! I'm trying to implement a special script that stands outside of the normal UCC script. In that script, when a certain action occurs, I want the player to turn and look at a specific point. I've coded this as...
  3. C

Xbox360 triggers not working?

That did it! Added it to line 98 in PlayerInput.Awake, et voila! protected override void Awake() { base.Awake(); CheckForController(); ...<rest of the awake function>... } @TimeStrafer no idea, man. I only have a 360 controller.
  4. C

Tried both, and in both cases you still have nothing from the triggers until the game in the editor is paused. Hmm... I'll keep fiddling with it. We're reeeeally close to sorting this out. There must be a routine somewhere that says, "Oh, you're using a controller!" and I just need that routine...
  5. C

Okay, here's my theory (I'm still searching for where this happens, but I think this is it): The Demo starts with asking the player to select a perspective. However, it REQUIRES that you do this with a mouse. Pausing and unpausing here doesn't do anything, and if the game is paused and unpaused...
  6. C

UPDATE: After a build, the triggers do not work. HOWEVER, if you change the focus to a different window, and come back to the game, they DO. It really looks like an initialization problem. I'm still digging around looking for the culprit...
  7. C

GetAxis is never called. GetAxisRaw is called, but not for Fire1 or Fire2. Just to be sure, I filtered out all of the things that ARE calling it: public override float GetAxisRaw(string name) { #if UNITY_EDITOR try { if (name !=...
  8. C

UPDATE: I've confirmed that as TimeStrafer said, if you Pause the game in the editor and then Unpause, the triggers both work. This would imply that something isn't being initialized correctly, right? ----------- UnityInput does not have a GetAxis function, but PlayerInput.GetAxis is never...
  9. C

Installed a new instance in a new project, and the controller works fine for locomotion, free look, etc. For some reason, the triggers are not working (Fire1 and Fire2); I've double-checked that they're set up in the Inputs.