Recent content by Brendan

1. B

Bug Report/Feature Request: SurfaceManager multiple material fix

SurfaceManager line 410 defines any renderer with more than one material as a complex material and then reverts to a triangleindex based approach to detect which material applies to the specific location the raycast hit. Surely this should be checking the MeshFilter subMeshCount, not the...
  2. B

Crawl ability and First Person Combat view

Replying to this old thread as it shows up high on Google for this problem. Problem: The problem described in the OP is that the camera in first person doesn't go back up to head height after standing up from a crawl position despite the camera controller and character controllers being set up...
  3. B

ThirdPersonObject only disables visual elements. How to disable other components?

Cheers Justin, that should work! I'll just add a flag to my weapons to say whether they are first or third person and subscribe them to OnPerspectiveChange
  4. B

ThirdPersonObject only disables visual elements. How to disable other components?

I've noticed the ThirdPersonObject and FirstPersonObject scripts will make the corresponding objects' renderers invisible when in the appropriate perspective. However, the items such as weapons are still active in the wrong perspective. If the character is holding a gun, both the third person...
  5. B

ETA for V3? Issues with Update/FixedUpdate timestep

I came across this post: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/timescale-affects-jump-height-apex.7091/#post-35196 It says that in the next major update of the Ultimate Character Controller, you'll be abandoning the Update loop and moving everything to FixedUpdate. Is that still the...
  6. B

Mouse sensitivity is still linked to framerate, as are jump and gravity

I'm not sure if this issue is present in the new Input system, we were using the standard Unity input system and then switched to Rewired. I believe Rewired uses different systems under the hood depending on platform. I will put together a minimum viable build of this at some point and report...
  7. B

Justin and I have messaged back and forth a bit about this issue, and I think I've got to the bottom of it. It's actually not an Opsive problem, it appears to be a bug in Unity's Input system. Unity.Input.GetAxisRaw("Mouse X") and Unity.Input.GetAxisRaw("Mouse Y") don't actually return raw...
  8. B

Update: Figured out the jumping bug. Jumping sets m_ExternalForce which in turn is used in CharacterLocomotion.UpdatePosition as so: The motor throttle, external force, and gravity are all scaled by TimeUtility.FramerateDeltaTime here, so that's where that bug is happening. All the force-based...
  9. B

I hate to post another thread on this topic, but this has been brought up frequently on this forum over the years and on the Discord and it hasn't been resolved. Essentially, if you set UltimateCharacterLocomotion's Update Location to Fixed Update then the mouse sensitivity in-game becomes...