Recent content by bf1081

1. B

New Arms

For anybody trying to figure this out (how to add custom arms to an existing character), here's what I did: 1. Pick your character model out 2. Use FPS Mesh Tool to split up the arms (make sure they are separated from each other) 3. Change the position and rotation of each bone in the hierarchy...
  2. B

New Arms

Actually never mind lol. I went in and mixed the two scripts. Had to edit "ItemBuilder" and "CharacterManager". Now I can edit the arms
  3. B

New Arms

The update notes say I'll have to recreate the Nolan character due to the Blender update. Maybe I can find a way to take only the changes I need from the update (the update existing character fps arms option). I am really trying to avoid recreating the entire player character. What scripts do I...
  4. B

New Arms

Yeah I know lol that could actually be the answer. Is there a way to update to the latest version without redo-ing the item inventory? That was what kept me from updating in the first place
  5. B

New Arms

I tried that too. Doesn't give me the option
  6. B

New Arms

I also tried to clone the arms I already have (just to see if they'd copy the animation) with no success. I'm basically asking how to update the first person objects / arms of a preexisting character. Or maybe how to create a new character and have it copy one that already exists.
  7. B

New Arms

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I watched it when I initially tried this a couple weeks ago. Still no dice. I'm also trying to add the arms to a pre-existing character. Not trying to start over again. Do I need to delete Nolan's first person arms?
  8. B

New Arms

Hey guys how you doing. I've been working on my game for over a year now and things have been going great! Thank you for all the help you've given in the past. I recently purchased a model from the asset store that came rigged and full body. Using FPS Mesh Tool, I split the arms from the...
  9. B

Purchased an Add-on and 117 errors appeared

Hey guys, first I'd like to thank you again for this asset. It has saved me days of work. That being said, I could use some help with the melee controller add-on. I decided recently to add a melee weapon to my game. When I tried to do this, the item creator gave me the "melee controller...
  10. B

Specifying default abilities in code

Hey, Just want to say thank for the help before, it totally worked. I have a new question now though (somewhat similar). I am now trying to add multiple generic "Speed Change" abilities to the character's locomotion script. I went through the documentation and noticed that I can enable and...
  11. B

Enabling Item Sets Via Code

sounds good, I'll give it a shot
  12. B

is there a way to access the enabled bool without calling equip/unequip?
  13. B

Hey Justin, I'm just getting into UFPS and have a question regarding Item Switching. Is there a way to activate or deactivate an item set in C# code?