Recent content by bbjones

1. B

Lag when typing in comment in tasks

That does seem to fix the performance problem, but then I lose the ability to undo changes which sucks, especially on large complex trees. Any other way to fix this for the comments field? It also does some sort of lookup, sometimes I get a popup list of tasks or something interrupting what...
  2. B

Lag when typing in comment in tasks

I seem to only notice this in larger projects, but when I type in the comment field in tasks the lag is brutal. Usually it's one character every few seconds, and bad enough that there are sometimes "wait" popups from the editor. Is there some way to turn off whatever update is happening on...
  3. B

Can the variables panel allow resizing?

The variables panel seems to be a fixed width. Can this be changed to be a draggable width or some option to increase the fixed width? I use descriptive variable names which are always cut off with the narrow fields. Especially on 21:9 monitors there is no need for such a narrow panel.
  4. B

Can't edit Float variable properties after creating it

Unity v2022.3.5f1/BIRP BD 1.7.7p1 Creating new variables works fine. But once created it no longer expands/opens to edit the name/type in the list of variables, once you open/expand any other variable. Here I just created a variable, it shows at the bottom of the list and is...
  5. B

How to tell if a shared variable is set to shared?

Ran into a situation where knowing this might help. You click that little dot button to change a task variable over to using a shared variable, but is there a way within the task to tell that it's using a shared variable or not? As opposed to not having clicked the dot button and it just being...
  6. B

Stop on breakpoint not working

Confirmed it works in a fresh product with just the CTF sample imported. My main project was using the latest runtime source import. I changed it back to the default import from the asset store and breakpoints are working. So it's only a problem in the runtime source version it seems.
  7. B

Stop on breakpoint not working

Unity 2021.3.10f1/BIRP Opsive BD 1.7.5 (Current) - released on May 05, 2023 Set either in editor or at runtime breakpoints don't break. I haven't changed any Opsive preferences.
  8. B

Abort task icon and if/else tasks

Is it possible to change the icon on tasks when there is an abort? From what I can tell when a conditional abort branch takes over the current branch shows a failure icon, eg: Branch on the right set an abort flag on the 3rd task in, by the time the abort branch took over the other branch shows...
  9. B

Best or correct way to reload BehaviourTreeReference task?

Your repro works as expected. I don't see what is different with mine beyond mine of course has larger and more complex trees. And in mine I can bypass the error by wrapping things in Disable/EnableBehaviour as you did, but I also must include enable/disable otherwise my trees end up...
  10. B

Dynamic instantiation and assignment of External Behavior Trees

You can always just do everything in one huge tree so you never have to reload or reset. That just might be hard to manage in the editor though. Also, I don't know about any performance impacts with any of the options we've discussed. Maybe one huge tree is a terrible idea on 100's of agents...
  11. B

RE: concerns about reloading the tree Personally I'm not worried about it. I set up my aborts and where my BTRefs are in the tree so that I could restart it at anytime and it would be fine. Plus, if your agent is changing jobs, you may want to push them through a "wrap up current job" task or...
  12. B

Answers to your questions: You have your Agent code(simpleAI) which contains a reference to the BT that runs its behavior(simpleAI.BehaviorTree). My agent has a BT component. The external behaviour on that component is my DefaultJobs BT which goes on all agents and never changes, except when I...
  13. B

My setup is like this: My agents have a single BT component that is empty. At runtime I initialize all my agents and assign an external BT DefaultJobs that I get from my AIManager. I never change this external tree, I only reload it when needed. Each agent has my LGAI_Simple component which I...
  14. B

You definitely can reload a BTReference at runtime, but it only loads if the previous external BT is different. That's why I null out my external tree before reloading my custom BTRef where it pulls the current job external tree at runtime. Even with that it throws an error but that doesn't...
  15. B

That's just shifting where you manage the multiple BTs. There are multiple ways to do it, just depends on your preference: Have a single huge BT with all jobs in it, then control which branch within the BT. This solves issues like not being able to see all of your tasks in the editor. Have...