Abort task icon and if/else tasks

bbjones

Is it possible to change the icon on tasks when there is an abort?
From what I can tell when a conditional abort branch takes over the current branch shows a failure icon, eg:

Branch on the right set an abort flag on the 3rd task in, by the time the abort branch took over the other branch shows failure on the 4th task and it's sequence. Can those failure icons change to something else to indicate that branch didn't return failure but was instead aborted? Or if I understand how it works, that the 4th tasks didn't even execute because the 3rd task set the abort flag?
1684978751126.png

Another question about if/else tasks. Is there any reason these don't exist? I often find myself want to use if/else logic in a tree but can't so I end up using some abort type hybrid which seems to end up being more complicated.

Branch on the right set an abort flag on the 3rd task in, by the time the abort branch took over the other branch shows failure on the 4th task and it's sequence. Can those failure icons change to something else to indicate that branch didn't return failure but was instead aborted? Or if I understand how it works, that the 4th tasks didn't even execute because the 3rd task set the abort flag?
Based on that screenshot it does look like there was an abort when Check for Missing Tool is active. There isn't an abort icon but that's a good idea and I've made a note of it.

Another question about if/else tasks. Is there any reason these don't exist? I often find myself want to use if/else logic in a tree but can't so I end up using some abort type hybrid which seems to end up being more complicated.
If/else can be accomplished with the Sequence and Selector tasks. An if/else task doesn't really make sense for behavior trees since the transitions are inherited by the structure of the tree rather than something like a FSM where there is a direct transition from the action.