Recent content by Austin

1. A

A* AIPath some values are set automatically when they shouldnt?

After another day of looking at the problem I think I found the problem that I was having, something really simple and dumb I overlooked. In my case the Seek task node I was using had a default speed value of 10 in its inspector and that overwrites maxSpeed in AIPath. Pretty obvious mistake on...
  2. A

A* AIPath some values are set automatically when they shouldnt?

I've run into the same problem too just recently, with maxSpeed being changed to 10 when I enter Play Mode to test my game, overwriting the value I intended in the Inspector and my NPCs start moving around the scene way too fast. Couldn't find what was the cause of it was but I did come up with...
  3. A

Help with creating a "Cooldown Timer" task

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the new version; looking forward to testing the new cooldown task.
  4. A

Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing something just like that, except I split my solution into two parts to get closer to the behavior I was going for: public class CooldownStart : Action { public float time; public override void OnStart() { time = Time.time; } } public...
  5. A

I am trying to create a cooldown task. When the task is first visited in the behavior tree it should execute its child as normally, then if the child's TaskStatus was a success and/or failure, a cooldown timer should begin and the cooldown task should not allow its child to execute again...