Recent content by AntL

1. A

Behaviour Tree Tick Manual Control and Coroutines

Yeah understood. So what I'm asking is how do I manually call FixedUpdate for one particular tree and not all trees (the only way I know how to call FixedUpdate on my current tree is by calling BehaviorManager.instance.FixedUpdate() which calls FixedUpdate on all trees) - if I've understood this...
  2. A

Sorry not quite following the explanation. My OnFixedUpdate is moving my rigidbody game object, while my OnUpdate is returning the taskstatus (which is set from elsewhere in the code).
  3. A

Ok thanks - so how would I run the OnFixedUpdate for an individual tree that is triggered manually?
  4. A

Actually, I think I've led you up the wrong path here as my issue lies somewhere else. To cut a long story short, the issue existed as OnFixedUpdate() wasn't getting called, which as I understand you must do manually when controlling the tick update. With that in mind I added this code and...
  5. A

Hey there, I've a question about manually controlling behaviour tree update. In the attached screen shot is a behaviour. Pretty simple: In the left hand sequence, it tests to see if the enemy is visible. If so, shoot! In the right hand sequence, move to a position where the AI can see the...
  6. A

BehaviourManager instance is null

Ok it seems if I don't click start with enabled, I have to manually add a behaviourmanager to the scene.
  7. A

BehaviourManager instance is null

Hi, I'm trying to control a behaviour tree (as directed in other question) so I can update manually within a coroutine (within Team Member). I have a behaviour tree on my gameobject which references an external beahviour. I have start when enabled set to false, and I'm trying to trigger it with...
  8. A

Triggering Behaviour Tree from Coroutine and Detecting Completion

Ah excellent - apologies missed that! Cheers
  9. A

Fantastic - exactly what I needed, but is there a way to check if a particular behaviour tree is running, so after I set it running for one tick I can yield until it detects that it's completed? Thanks for any help! IEnumerator StartBehaviourTree() {...
  10. A

Hey there, I'm triggerring a behaviour tree from a coroutine and wondered if there's a clean way to yield, until I can detect when the behaviour tree has executed? IEnumerator StartBehaviourTree() { behaviorTree.EnableBehavior(); ??? } Thanks!
  11. A

Best way to equip/unequip weapon automatically via script

no idea how I missed a page that answered absolutely everything I asked! Cheers
  12. A

Best way to equip/unequip weapon automatically via script

Hey there, when my player comes within a certain distance of a character, I want to automatically equip him with a pistol. He shouldn't be able to manually equip this at any point. Equally, if the player and the character are beyond a certain distance, I want the player to automatically unequip...
  13. A

Ragdoll, Respawn and Revive

Hey there, I'm adding the respawn functinality and hit a couple of issues. 1. My character has a ragdoll ability attached. I'd say approximately 50% of the time he dies (usually when he collides with more complex geometry), the ragdoll ability is triggered but will remain active even after...
  14. A

Camera not turning with character

Yes indeed I am. Aside from not using root motion, is there a simple work around until the fix is in? Thanks