Recent content by airoll

1. A

When using existing available character item, ItemObject.SetItem(...) is not called

Hi, I'm using pre-added character items, and I noticed that in InventoryBase.SpawnItemIdentifiersCharacterItem(...), it has the following code: if (ObjectPoolBase.GetOriginalObject(existingAvailableCharacterItem.gameObject) == characterItemPrefab.gameObject) { // Found an invalid character...
  2. A

Are we allowed to use the demo assets in our game?

If we purchased Ultimate Character Controller or any other Opsive asset, are we allowed to use the demo assets in our game (e.g. the character, weapons, etc.)? Sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't been able to find it.
  3. A

Interpolated Projectiles Cause Wrong Rotation After Reflecting

Was this fixed in UCC 3.0.14? Or is it planned in a future update?
  4. A

What happened to BridgeEquippableProcessing?

So I ran into a couple issues. To make it work properly, I had to modify the following: 1. Override DestroyCharacterItem as follows. /// <summary> /// Destroy the character item. Pre-Runtime character items can only be destroyed if forced. /// </summary> ///...
  5. A

How to make explosions damage a character only once?

Following up here, it looks like the reason this worked in UCC2 is that CharacterLocomotion used to implement IForceObject, but in UCC3 it does not. That causes this section of code to effectively fail in checking that hit colliders share the same parent character. // The base character...
  6. A

TrajectoryObject.Cast(...) Doesn't Sort Hits by Distance

Hi, I noticed in the transition from UCC2 to UCC3, TrajectoryObject went from using SingleCast(...) which did casts that returned the closest hit, to Cast(...) which can return multiple hits. However, these hits are not ordered by distance...
  7. A

How to make explosions damage a character only once?

Before UCC3, I had a rocket launcher that on impact, creates an impact prefab with an Explosion script attached to it. Even if the explosion hit multiple colliders on the same character, it would only apply the explosion damage once. Now, with UCC3, my explosion is causing multiple impacts to...
  8. A

Interpolated Projectiles Cause Wrong Rotation After Reflecting

In my game, projectiles can reflect off of character's shields. Normally, the projectile, when reflected, should face the direction that is moving, such as the image below. However, when interpolate is turned on (in ProjectileBase.cs), sometimes the projectile rotation can become momentarily...
  9. A

CharacterInventoryBridge Missing OnDestroy to unregister events?

Is CharacterInventoryBridge missing an OnDestroy method to register events that are registered in Initialize? Here's what I have implemented: // @CustomCode Start: Add OnDestroy method. /// <summary> /// The object has been destroyed. /// </summary>...
  10. A

How to Use ItemSetGroup / ItemSetRule to Change the Active ItemSetRules at Runtime?

I have a use case where depending on what items that the character has equipped, I want to change what item set rules are active. Specifically, if the character only has a shield equipped, it can equip the shield without a weapon. I have this defined as ShieldItemSetRule. Or if the character...
  11. A

Simple/Charged Trigger Module Fails to Fire After Reloading When UseCompleteEvent Duration = 0

I was able to fix this be adding in UseItemTrigger(): if (UsableAction.IsItemInUse()) { m_WasTriggered = true; } Do you think this approach is safe?
  12. A

Simple/Charged Trigger Module Fails to Fire After Reloading When UseCompleteEvent Duration = 0

I have my weapon set to a Simple or Charged trigger module and to reload automatically when the clip is empty. Once the clip is empty, the weapon reloads, then I try to fire the weapon, it fails to fire. After debugging, I noticed that this is caused by the fact that m_WasTriggered = true...
  13. A

AutoReloadType.Pickup not working?

Thanks! Just as an update here, I tried the approach suggested in my previous post and it did not work because at the time OnTryReload is called, the reloadable item is not yet initialized. I managed to fix this (not saying this generalizes to everyone) by making it so that ammo is always...
  14. A

AutoReloadType.Pickup not working?

Hi I'm trying to get AutoReloadType.Pickup to work properly. Before reading any further, please refer to this thread: https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/autoreloadtype-equip-has-wrong-enum-value.9691/ where it seems like AutoReloadType.Pickup triggers reloading on every Equip, therefore...
  15. A

AutoReloadType.Equip Has Wrong Enum Value?

Hi I was setting up my weapons with AutoReloadType.Pickup, and I noticed that every time I equipped the weapon, it was reloading. I then noticed that in ReloaderModule.cs, it does the following check in OnAllModulesPreInitialized and Equip: if ((m_AutoReload & Reload.AutoReloadType.Equip) !=...