Recent content by Ace

1. A

Tactical Pack Attack not working after importing into project.

I've imported the Tactical Pack into my project and tried testing out the demo scene but it's not working. The Agents start moving toward the Enemies but Attack() never gets called. If I try importing the Tactical Pack into a new project everything works but when I try importing it into my...
  2. A

jumping to far

When I do a running jump my character jumps super far, any idea on why this is happening?
  3. A

State Configuration at runtime using CharacterBuilder

I was able to figure it out. For anyone trying to add abilities at runtime using a StateConfiguration here is how you do it. You can copy over ability values using a StateConfiguration in this example I'm using the UltimateCharacterControllerDemoStateConfiguration which can be found here...
  4. A

Thanks that worked but I'm still struggling with one aspect of the state configuration. I was under the impression that it would allow me to configure abilities. But it doesn't look like it does that. I could try copping the component values from the Nolan character in the demo scene but I would...
  5. A

I'm using CharacterBuilder.BuildCharacter() to setup a character at runtime. This is working great but I would like to use a State Configuration( like the ThirdPersonControllerDemoStateConfiguration) to setup the character to be preconfigured with already defined values, (this is possible using...
  6. A

Good job but, performance killer.

The example I showed in my YouTube video does not use GPU Instancer or GPU Instancer - Crowd Animations. By just using MxM (Motion Matching for unity) and some simple occlusion culling I was able to get the result I wanted. For me personally I only optimize when needed and at the moment my...
  7. A

If you plan on using MxM for your AI agents I would not recommend adding the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component to these AI agents. The UltimateCharacterLocomotion component uses Unity's animation system Mecanim while MxM is its own separate animation system that completely replaces...
  8. A

Yes! And no! Let me explain... so I made an zombie horde style game with around 50 zombie AI units using my own AI implementation that I integrated with behavior tree and UCC. This link will help show you how to do this...
  9. A

I wanted to give a quick update on my old post. As I have progressed in my development I have switch over to a new AI Agent and locomotion system and I wanted to include this as another option for those who are looking for a solution for using the Character Controller with their own AI agents...
  10. A

I have a solution for those that are interested. Here is an example of the results that I was able to achieve by using GPU instancing and baked skinned mesh rendering , my goal was to have a max of 200 AI units using the Ultimate character controller plus my own character. On the left was my...