Climbing on Terrain

Fenda

Just been trying out the climbing pack on v2. Feels good! However, I had some issues with the character climbing on terrain:
  1. Our character will only be allowed to climb on unity Terrain. We want to be able to climb on any angle between around 50 degrees up to 90 degrees. Is there a setting to allow climbing only on parts of the terrain with that angle?

1674884178973.png

2. I had to set Allowed Movements to Nothing otherwise the character kept trying to dismount on parts of the terrain. In continuation from the previous question, ideally the character would dismount when reaching a section of terrain that is less than 50 degrees (as they can walk on that).

1674884263551.png

3. What would be the best way to have the character rotate to match the angle of the terrain that they are climbing? I had to set the Cast Offset to -0.6 on the Z axis because their upper body is so far away from lower angled terrain.

Our character will only be allowed to climb on unity Terrain. We want to be able to climb on any angle between around 50 degrees up to 90 degrees. Is there a setting to allow climbing only on parts of the terrain with that angle?
This is with the free climb ability? The ability does not include an angle check but you could subclass the ability and add it.

I had to set Allowed Movements to Nothing otherwise the character kept trying to dismount on parts of the terrain. In continuation from the previous question, ideally the character would dismount when reaching a section of terrain that is less than 50 degrees (as they can walk on that).
Yeah, this is likely related to number 1.

What would be the best way to have the character rotate to match the angle of the terrain that they are climbing? I had to set the Cast Offset to -0.6 on the Z axis because their upper body is so far away from lower angled terrain.
From what I remember the ability will rotate the character along the yaw but it does not pitch or roll. For this to happen you'll need to override the UpdateRotation method.

I think having proper support for free climbing is necessary here. I will add this to my list but I don't think that I'll be able to get it in the initial v3 update as I want to get that released.