UIS + UCC / Unity 2020.2 Can't interact with item pickup

afterthecloud

Hi!

I've followed the tutorial at
with a completely clean scene, latest version of UIS (1.1.3) and UCC (2.2.7) and the integration pack.

Everything works fine up until I create an Item Pickup. My character walks right through it and doesn't pick it up.

I've followed the tutorial video through twice from scratch.

It feels like the layers are wrong, but have tried a few different combinations.

I suspect I am missing something really obvious, but have trawled through the forums looking for hints, but nothing works. It's like the Item Pickup is not seen by the player.

Any ideas or suggestions where to look?

Is the scene used in the video above available for download so I can compare settings?

Thanks in advance!

I've doubled checked that following this video tutorial works to create an item pickup.

You can find the UCC/UIS demo scene
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations\UltimateInventorySystem\Demo

If you believe the issue is because of the layers, make sure to update the layers from the Character Manager
1609230658724.png

Another issue might be that the character is missing some components.
1609230738329.png

Try comparing your character and pickup with the ones from the integration demo scene and see what differs

In case it's of any use to others, it turns out to be a strange conflict (without any obvious errors or warnings).

In my project, I had been experimenting with both Invector TPC and Emerald AI.

Started afresh with everything I use except those two, and it now works fine.