UIS/UCC Skinned Mesh Body Parts & Synty Modular Heros

DMC

If a kind soul wanted to talk about the Head, Body, Arms, Boots... Used in the UCC and UIS system and how I might understand how to go about replicating it for more parts on a different skeleton...

In the UIS Demo, I noticed the replacement boots had a skeleton under them...
I didn't notice this in UCC, but there weren't any skinned meshes being traded out.

I threw a mesh in for the body in the UCC Demo, just a Mesh Renderer with the Body mesh, to try it on, but the mesh isn't mapped to the avatar, so...

Does adding a skeleton to the boots in UIS Demo circumvent the system in some way?
Am I setting the values of the Boot skeleton mapping to be equal to the char skeleton, or something; animating the new boot map with the old boot map?

Anybody like talking about stuff like that?

Seems like I need to talk to someone about stuff like that.

I have allot of tutorials, but I don't know... Actually, i have a Unity Animation From Scratch tutorial I haven't watched, but..

Still would like to talk and maybe that doesn't have what I need in it.

Generic animations cannot be remapped so that's probably the problem that you are having. There is a lot to the animator/animations in general though so I do recommend first going through some of those tutorials.