Transition extension

Jaakk0S

Hey.

I'm transitioning between TransformLook and Combat and I found the only way to escape a one frame jitter (the first person arms object jumps to a wrong place for 1 frame) between the transition from TransformLook to Combat is to modify the Transition class to accept transitioning from first person to first person. I think you should make the Transition class an interface or otherwise extensible because it is hardwired into CameraController class and StartTransition method is not overridable. Or just allow the first person to first person transition because it works out of the box in this case.

Transition.StartTransition (line 80):
Code:
// There is no first to first person transition.
return false;

Best, Jaakko

You're right - the Transition ViewType is required right now. I have made a note of this for a future update.

I found smooth transitioning between these view types very difficult without the transition. When my character kneels and needs to look in a specific spot, I use TransformLook and lerp the camera transition, which was simple enough. But returning back was confusing because the location of the camera in Combat is affected by many factors such as state dependent overrides in FirstPersonItem and I almost spent a day figuring out what's going on, then found out that the Transition actually works.