Tab Pages and Filter Questions

Hello. I have two questions about the UIS I have not figured out from the documentation myself.

1) What is best way to change pages from the Tab Control when the item exceeds the grid amount of items? Is there a key or button I can assign? When I click the next arrow it changes tab completely even if category has more pages. This is okay, but I would like option for keyboard or mouse to get to next page of the tab as well. If I cycle with controller it goes to next page on tab/category and shows more items for that tab so I know it works at its core :)

also

2) I am trying to use the Item Info Multi Sorter to have 2 Item Categories in one Tab, I have them separate for they use different item actions for different (UCC) attributes.
For example, Food category, Actions: Eat = Heals, Drink = Stamina Heal. The actions work but if they are in the same category it will always show eat and drink action when item selected so I have separate for food and drink item category. The documentation is limited in explanation, is this what it's for and can it be done. If not, can I affect two attributes with 1 item action from same category without having a 2nd action pop up in the menu?
It states order is important on the multi-filter component but not what order it should be so maybe I make a mistake here?

Thank you. I hope this is easy questions.

1)
There multiple way to setup your Item Grid with tabs. By default you may use the "Previous" and "Next" input (assigned to the "R" and "T" key by default). This is set on the Item Info Grid:
1618472723097.png
But if I understand correctly you are interested in moving to the next page and not the next tab with the left and right key, just like in the demo scene correct?
You'll want to set the Grid Navigator to page. This should in theory let you change page by page.
It may also be important to set the Inventory Grid Tab Control Binding to change tab by tab once you reach the end of the pages in that tab.
1618472935684.png

2)
I believe the filter, is composite. Meaning if you have two filters, each with one category. For an item to pass that filter it will need to be from both category.
I believe I have a multiple Categories filter that allows you to do this category OR that category, but maybe I'm wrong. You can always create your own custom filters if you want to.

That being said I think I would approach this slightly differently. Why not have a parent category called "Consumable" that can have Food and Drink as children? Then you can filter by Consumable and everything should work.
You could keep that Item Actions seperate if you want to, and it will work since they are from children categories.

If you want to take it one step further you can do something similar to how we change the name of the Item Action at runtime when we "Equip" and "Unequip". It is the same Item Action but we change the name depending on the state of the item.
For example you could have a single "Consume" Item Action that changes name to "Drink" or "Eat" depending on whether the item is Food or a Drink. That would require a bit of custom code, but nothing very complicated, simply a check in the CanInvokeItemAction function override.

I hope that answers your questions.

This is a perfect explanation and so simple. I think I make it overcomplicated myself even though what you say with the category I should know by now but I think too much. now I learned a lot. It is a beautiful system and very much my most favorite asset and I own a lot haha. I have already reviewed 5 star awhile ago but can assure you my menu is now perfect and runs just how I like.

Thank you so much for your time.