Save Menu Item Action buttons

Hello,

I'm looking at configuring the pixel crushers save system with UIS save system and looking at the Item Action Buttons for the save slots. The "Save", "Load", "Delete", etc action buttons is what I am referring to. How are those buttons generated? I can see them in the schema but having difficulty finding the code for the action button for these methods. I'd like to keep the UI the way it is, just hook up the methods for the save system.

Thanks!

Last edited:
There are two ways to integrate the UIS save system with PixelCrushers.
One can be the parent of the other.

From what you are saying above I assume you wish the UIS Save system to be the parent, is that correct?

The buttons are not generated unless they are missing at runtime. So when using the schema they are created at edit time. Then you can modify them in the scene directly and they won't be replaced. The ItemActionPanel has a prefab field if you prefer spawning them at runtime.
I hope that helps

Yes, that is partly correct, I'd like the UIS UI to be the parent.

I already have the save system working and all components set up, I just need to connect the item action buttons to the correct method in the code but having difficulty finding where in the code those item action buttons onClick is being handled.

When I look at the schema, I only see two item action buttons but there are four in the popup menu when I click on a save slot. It's this popup menu and buttons that I want to change. Does that help?

The schema is only for the initial setup, once the UI is in the scene you no longer use the schema. It is simply used in the Editor to speed up UI creation, but the final touches cannot be done from the schema.

All you need is in the scene and the inspector.

The onclick events are assigned directly to the ActionPanel by the SaveMenu.
If you wish to change the look of the buttons, do it directly in the scene. Simply find the ActionPanel under the SaveMenu, under it you'll see the buttons that are inactive. Either edit them, or remove them and replace the prefab referenced by the ActionPanel such that they can be spawned at runtime.

I don't want to change the look of the buttons, just the functionality of the Save and Load buttons. I think I found what I'm looking for in SaveGrid.cs.

I need to call the pixel crushers save method instead of the UIS methods for saving/loading, but keep the UI looking the same. Thanks for the help!