problems with swimming and agility packs

Huntsecker

Morning Guys,
Just wondered if you've also experienced this, I use KWS water which is basically a 2d plane with a script applied and to get opsive to know it exists I attach the water tag and a box collider. Then I'm hitting a few issues,
  • first is when I walk towards the water on the beach and start to walk into the water the controller detects a change in height and starts to crawl (agility pack) if I then jump past this he swims fine
  • second is the drown effect can be triggered by the camera angle ie if you are near the water and look up toward your character (3rd person) you can suddenly drop dead (drowning seems to go from 0 - 100)
  • Further playtesting the drowning feature seems quite broken as does the detection of being underwater, walking around on the terrain I can randomly induce drowning a good 10y higher than where the water level is, its also possible to make the hero believe he's in water by walking backwards into a collider again no where near the water but the swim animation will start. Not really sure I understand at this point why the controller thinks its in water \ underwater when its no where near it.
I've basically only just started using this so it could be I'm just holding it wrong but thought it worth posting here whilst I investigate further.
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
To get started have you gotten the swim ability working correctly without KWS? I am not sure how that asset structures it's water setup so by having a base to start with you can isolate the problems.

The drowning ability is triggered only when the character is within the water trigger so it sounds like something funky is going on with that trigger setup.