[POSSIBLE BUG] VIEW ONLY MODE

sinfiery

I just downloaded Behavior Trees from the Unity Asset Store a few hours ago on Unity version 2018.3.0f2.

After playing around with it for a bit, I exited playmode and attempted to further edit my instance of a Behavior Tree.
See the following image for more details:

I restarted Unity and restarted my computer with no change. Once I open the tree again, it only shows that view only mode.

If I enter runtime, I can edit the tree again but once I leave runtime, it reverts to view only mode.
If I add a new instance of a Behavior Tree, I can edit that one without problem. However, I attempted to just start over given how early on I was and this same view only mode occurred on my new Behavior Tree as well.

After playing around with it a bit, if you open the prefab the tree is attached to in the editor, you are able to edit the settings again.

If you open the Behavior Designer preferences on the top right of the editor you can disable view only mode for prefabs. I haven't played with the new prefab system in 2018.3 enough to know if there are still issues, but in the past the prefab system wasn't very forgiving to merging binary data (which is what the trees are serialized in by default). You can get the same results as prefabs with external trees and with that there isn't any risk of data corruption because of a merge.

I work always with 2018.3, what happens is the following, when your agent is a prefab:

On Edit mode:
On the Hierarchy, the instance, the BD Tree is on View Only Mode.
If you double click the instance and enter Prefab Mode, the BD Tree is on on edit mode. (Normal, as you would expect)

On Play mode:
There is only reference on the Hierarchy, where you can debug. There is not Prefab view on play mode, you can only debut the instance.

@Justin You should work mostly now in 2018.3!!!!! :)