Popups & toolstips, could use some advice.

Grankor

I have UCC and UIS together (among others).

One thing I noticed in the new integration is that the popup 'tool tips' (so to speak), no longer seem to work.

The character abilities has the UI message
1619289537715.png

This 'works', but is non-genric.

I need something that will work for NPC (name), environment interactables (door, chests, item, etc...)

The setup with UIC is nice.
1619289648529.png

I've tried extending IInteractable, but I can't seem to get this to work in the integration. Ideas?

In the integration there are two types for pickups. The Integration pickup and the Inventory system pickup.

Since it seems you want to use the Character Ability UI Message feature, I assume you'll want to use the Integration pickup.
Similar to how the Interact Ability message works the Pickup Item Ability can use a "{0}" to get rest of the text on the Pickup object itself
The interact ability documentation:

The Pickup Ability does not use the IInteractableMessage interface to get the additional text. It gets the text directly on the ObjectPickup "PickupMessageText" property.

In the integration I haven't set up any code to change that value from the default value set in the inspector. So for now the only way to show the contents of the pickup in the UI Message would be to set it in code using a custom script, or by editing the pickup script.

I could make an update that would change the text value depending on the items within the inventory? Would it show all item amounts, or just the first one... i'd like to make it customizable somehow.
I'm open for suggestions if you have any.

If you do not want to use the UI Message for items you could simply use the InventoryItemVisualizer component to set an Item View that shows the item text in a world space canvas. Then you could simply add a script that enables/disables the world space canvas of the Item View on trigger enter/exit.