Particle Stream collision issues

Cheo

Hello, @Vlaxep said on the discord this afternoon that the Particle Stream Collision particle effect prefab wasn't visible when using the demo Particle Stream magic item on enemy objects. In addition to that, the ray can pass through the red capsules but stops correctly when hitting the ground however, there's something weird about the collision detection and particle length adjustment.

In this video I explain that the looping parameter on the particle effects messes the whole thing and prevents the effect from being visible, but things go crazy when setting it to true as well ! I also give a quick view of my laser module from my game Purple Eye which simply activates an object at the end of the laser if it hits an object, this way of doing may be a better base for what the particle stream is supposed to do on impact.

I hope all that was helpful and that the issue can be fixed for the next update. Thanks in advance.

More issues ! I should have talked about that earlier, but when aiming downwards in third person the ray goes backward. This does not happen in first person however, as there seems to be an angle limit. In addition, when setting the Simple Caster's Direction type to Indicate and aiming in third person, the character can aim downwards correctly (although there seems to be some jitter for the ray positioning), but can't aim upwards at all, as the rotation is limited to a horizontal level. Finally, it doesn't seem to be a bug but it is worth mentioning for anyone trying to use this magic item that when aiming in first person Indicate is recommended if you want the ray to follow the crosshairs - otherwise the ray seems to follow the hand's direction and suffer from some offset with the crosshairs when aiming downwards.

Here is a video as usual, it may be clearer with it :

Hope the third person issues can be solved. Thanks in advance.

This item still isn't 100% okay. There's a weird offset that's quite visible when aiming downwards in third person as the impact vfx is positioned behind the character, and the transition from first to third person while the item is being used causes the vfx to not be positioned correctly either, you can see it in this video at 4:20 :

Hi, here's a new video showing the remaining perspective issues for the particle stream, which were supposed to be fixed in 3.0.17 :

Check out unanswered threads ... you might have the record. Your videos are super helpful. Keep them coming.

Yeah this forum is becoming my backyard x) Thank you very much for these words, I'm glad this is helpful ?