Parenting Character

MikeW

I want to group UCC characters under a single “level” game object, for organizational purposes. That object would also be the parent of the objects representing the current level. One of the characters is the player, with a First Person Combat camera view type.

Unfortunately, this setup causes an issue that I’ve been unable to root cause. When I rotate the camera, the entire level rotates instead. None of the UCC components directly reference or change the parent transform, as far as I can find. What can I do to fix this?

As long as the camera is not a child of the character you can place the character in any location within the scene. As a test I moved Nolan within the demo scene and it worked without an issue.

Thanks Justin. Your response pushed me to look elsewhere. And sure enough, the character I built with the AdvancedPeoplePack asset included a "RootMotion" component that transfers the position and rotation from the character to its top-level parent. I removed it and fixed the issue.