Ladder

Drakenliger

Hi

I am trying to understand the top and bottom dismount offset on the ladder component
LadderDoumentationPic.png

I think the bottom dismount offset make sense to me, it is at the bottom/very near of the bottom of the ladder where the dismount will happen but why is the top dismount offset set to where it is? Is it to factor in the Player character model size? if so then why doesn't the bottom one also need to factor this in?
Demo1.png

Also as seen in below image , The rungs are perpendicular to the ladder model's rungs in the demo, is that the way its supposed to be setup or are they supposed to follow & align with the rungs on the ladder model itself and be parallel?
Demo2.png

Regards

*additionally in the Ladder Climb doc i think there is a spelling mistake on Setup 5.3, it says 'The run offset....', so when i was using the search function on the site for 'rung' or 'rung offset' it wasn't able to find any results

I think the bottom dismount offset make sense to me, it is at the bottom/very near of the bottom of the ladder where the dismount will happen but why is the top dismount offset set to where it is? Is it to factor in the Player character model size? if so then why doesn't the bottom one also need to factor this in?
Yes, that indicates when the top dismount will start to play. It plays when the pivot position of the character reaches past the top point, which is why it's lower down in the ladder.

Also as seen in below image , The rungs are perpendicular to the ladder model's rungs in the demo, is that the way its supposed to be setup or are they supposed to follow & align with the rungs on the ladder model itself and be parallel?
Yes it should be. I will look into that. That is just an editor gizmo though so it doesn't affect runtime.

*additionally in the Ladder Climb doc i think there is a spelling mistake on Setup 5.3, it says 'The run offset....', so when i was using the search function on the site for 'rung' or 'rung offset' it wasn't able to find any results
Thanks!