Katana issues

serkai

Hey guys, I need help with the katana in general for the UCC. I've attempted a few methods to get the katana to work in my scene; create a new inventory / use the demo inventory, create a new runtime katana pickup / use the demo katana runtime pickup, but I can never get the katana to work. I've watched the videos more than once and not sure where I keep running into problems. I've kept it simple by not adding behaviour designer or deathmatch ai, just the UCC third person new character setup. Katana animation ID set to 24.

With the new inventory method (e.g. "MyKatana") the model isn't visible when hitting play in the scene. And for the myruntimekatanapickup the item disapears when walking over the katana, but it's not clear if it's been added to the character inventory or not (this is true for both the character inventory and the runtime pickup after hitting play).

With the pre-existing demo inventory method (e.g. "Katana") the animation for the katana worked but the katana model isn't visible in the scene with / without hitting play.

Is there a video from start to finish for the bow or katana? It would really help figure out where I'm going wrong.

I've since tried downloading a pack of external weapon assets, I used a non-demo katana and this worked fine with the demo katana animations.

Glad you got it working. For the katana you can follow the regular sword video, just replacing the animator ID and model:

The katana in the demo scene is a runtime pickup item which is described in this video:

Hi @Justin I think I found out more behind this issue. I added a new weapon to the inventory, but I couldn't see it in the scene. I realised it was too small to see, I increased the scale to 100 to get the actual to-scale size. Could this be a bug?

I'm not sure if it's related but I also received this error (or similar "inconsistent result") when creating a new collection or add a new weapon:

Code:
Importer(NativeFormatImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset(guid:1bdec5ef0f21b4f49be4f251b1b99c22) "Assets/NPCsItemCollection.asset"
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportAsset (string)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.ItemTypeManager:OnGUI () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/ItemTypeManager.cs:183)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.MainManagerWindow:OnManagerGUI () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/MainManagerWindow.cs:429)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.MainManagerWindow:OnGUI () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/MainManagerWindow.cs:332)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

That scale thing is just a mismatch between Blender (or whatever 3D modelling software was used) and Unity - sometimes the scale units don't match up so you have to adjust it within Unity.

For that error, try deleting your project's Library folder whilst Unity is closed (maybe back it up first), then open the project and let Unity re-import everything. I believe that's a Unity issue with updating packages or the Unity version itself, not 100% sure though.

I am getting the scaling issue too, but I am getting it by following the 3rd person item creation video and using the Assault Rifle that comes with UCC. I have to scale it to 100 to get it to look like the video. I am having to do the same thing with assets from another package as well. I have tried several projects and am having the same issue in all of them. Could there be some Unity setting that I messed up?

Edit: Well never mind, I tried again from scratch using nothing but Opsive prefabs and it seems to be working now.

Last edited: