I want to reduce the player's movement speed to match the animation. How can I do that?

Joan Sabé

Hello, I have a question.
The animation of my player and its movement doesn't match up. I have accelerated the animation through the animator, and it has helped, but I would like to reduce the character's speed. What should I do?
Thank you

If you are using root motion then the speed will match the root motion values supplied by the animation. If you are not using root motion then you will need to keep tweaking the animation speed or acceleration values in order to get it to match.

Thank you for your quick response.
I don't use Root Motion, I use In-Place. I have increased the animation speed, but it still doesn't match. I would need to increase the animation speed a bit more to make it match, but it would look strange. What I was thinking of doing is reducing the character's movement speed. Is there any way to do that? By the way, when you mention acceleration values, are you referring to the animation or the character's movement?
Thank you so much, really.

Thank you for your quick response.
I don't use Root Motion, I use In-Place. I have increased the animation speed, but it still doesn't match. I would need to increase the animation speed a bit more to make it match, but it would look strange. What I was thinking of doing is reducing the character's movement speed. Is there any way to do that? By the way, when you mention acceleration values, are you referring to the animation or the character's movement?
Thank you so much, really.
This controlls the move speed
1689506022626.png

Yes, you can change the acceleration/damping values on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. If I change the Motor Acceleration in the Ultimate Character Locomotion script, it adjusts the movement speed to match the animation speed.
Thank you so much!