How to add animation on slide

Stonshallow

Hi Justin,

I’m pitching this asset to our dev team for proof of concept. We need a slide function which I’ve setup temporarily with your dodge ability by plugging in new animations. Works well just need to extend animation length and transform to extend I assume.

I also want to trial a slide ability as designed in your system. Is there any way I can add an animation to the slide ability to mimic the one I plugged into the dodge ability? If possible I’d also like to match the animation if for example I slid into a down slope from flat without re-engaging the animation from start i.e maintain dodge animation end state entering slope or if not dodging (sliding), start the animation on enter slope.

Complicated I know, let me know if not clear. I just want to add animation to slide ability in short.

Cheers

Is there any way I can add an animation to the slide ability to mimic the one I plugged into the dodge ability?
Yes, that's possible. You just need to set an ability index parameter to the animator and then handle it there. Depending on the functionality you may need to add some script changes to slide in the Ability Float/Int Data parameters. I recommend that you take a look at this video if you haven't already: