How does "see" task detect objects?

Hello,

I am planning to implement some skills that will utilize the increase and decrease of light intensity of a point light in a room to facilitate stealth. There is an AI character in the room that uses "can see" task to detect the player. I was wondering if that task utilizes light intensity at all, or does it only use a raycast that works even in darkness?

Thank you.

Just a raycast is performed but I think that checking the light intensity is a really interesting idea :)

So the hear ability checks if actually a sound is produced, right? And it does get affected by the distance of the source? Would it be possible to add just a test object inside the player for something like a "Perceive" ability task which checks only for the amount of light intensity emitted or reflected from that object or that particular layer?

Or, if there was a script on the player object that would keep checking the surface illumination of the player, and communicate that to the BD of the enemy AI.

Of course these are just would-be-good-to-have tasks. If none are possible at this point, I think I can designate certain "stealth" areas which can communicate to enemy AI to not see the player, or the player's tag may be temporarily changed while player is inside that area...

I haven't looked into it but I would think that it would be possible to check the light intensity at a given point. This would require new code in order to do though.