Grenades Won't re-equip after use.

So as the title says my grenades are equipping and being used but only once. The thing is I had them working perfectly fine a few days ago and now something has changed and I can't get the grenade to re-equip after it gets thrown. It just sits in the "Equippable" instead of the "equipped". It starts out in equipped.

The Slot2ItemSubStateIndex isn't changing from 0. I think this might have something to do with it or might be why. I don't have any "wait for animation event" checked for any item ability. They are all timed to about 0.1 or 0.2, so none at 0 which I've learned will stop the event from being executed. My grenades are in Slot2 that I have on an object on my character. I have UseSlot2, Equip Unequip, toggle equip and equip Next/Previous abilities for my grenades category, and I've set up the item set category with the grenade in slot 2. I have three item sets, one empty which is Default, Enabled and has Can Switch To checked. The other two have a grenade in Slot2 and that's it. Animator Parameters set up.

My weapons category is working fine. So I even tried to mimic that at one point and it still didn't work. I tried creating a complete new grenade with a new item definition and everything. Nothing changed. For a while the grenades were only being equipped with 1 grenade. The item Object would turn to an amount of 1 for some reason. But that doesn't happen anymore. I've also tried "Can Equip Empty Item" and that didn't change my issue.

So ya the grenade just sits in the Equippable after the first use and the character doesn't play his throw animation as the Substate Index doesn't change.

I'm using TPC and UIS updates to the latest version.

Grenades are slightly special compared to other items since multiple ones can be equipped at the same time.
Make sure that you're grenade item category is Mutable and Common. Then also make sure it inherits the multi item category:
1616399365950.png

Try comparing your grenades with the grenades in the demo scene too. Both the UIS Item and the Item prefabs.
It is possible that the issue comes from using the grenade in a single slot instead of 2. Maybe the integration gets confused because of that. If that's the case perhaps add an item set for a slot 1 grenade too but make it such that it is always disabled and cannot be switched to until we get things fixed.

Note that I am in the process of re-writing the integration from scratch. I have simplified the code within the integration considerably so hopefully when the next major update comes out (it will take some time) things like this will be easier to setup and/or debug. I am close from getting all the functionality from the current version back in and once that is done I plan to add some new features too.